Staying-revealed fields get concealed on holding Ctrl+Alt.

Options
jinux_go
jinux_go
Community Member

To reproduce:
1. Let the field stay revealed by the right-click context menu
2. Hodling Ctrl+Alt renders the field concealed

Is this an intended behavior?

1Password Version: 8.7.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 21H1
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @jinux_go, thanks for your message.

Revealing a field through the right-click context menu is temporary and fields revealed in the way will automatically revert to concealed while switching between items. This is intended behaviour and is dependent on the settings located in the Settings menu (Ctrl + Comma) > Security > Concealed Fields. There you'll find two different options you can set:

• Always show passwords and full credit card numbers
    • Hold Ctrl + Alt to toggle revealed fields

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

• jinux_go
    jinux_go
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_mike_d Thank you for the response.

I see that it is intended. Then my question is now: why it is intended to be so?

For concealed fields, it seems reasonable that holding Ctrl + Alt causes them to be revealed because a user may want to peek passwords briefly. On the other hand, it is hard to imagine that a user want to hide passwords briefly.

• Hello again @jinux_go,

On the other hand, it is hard to imagine that a user want to hide passwords briefly.

While the option to hold Ctrl + Alt is enabled, this acts as a toggle and depends on the current state of that field and if it will be either revealed of concealed.

Based on your preference, the best use cases here are to enabled Always show passwords and full credit card numbers and disable Hold Ctrl + Alt to toggle revealed fields. Or, if you are concerned with the possibility of shoulder surfers, I recommend always concealing passwords/credit cards and enabling Hold Ctrl + Alt to toggle revealed fields as mentioned for those times you may want to briefly look at passwords.

I hope this this helps, but do let us know if you have any other concerns.

This discussion has been closed.