We don't have an way to import/migrate to 1Pass TOTP

ttod
ttod
Community Member

It's surprising that you don't allow ppl a simple thing - to migrate from existing 2-FA totp apps , into 1 Pass.
When we want to add TOTP/QR-code to existing 1Pass item, 1Pass just requires to open that website and generate QR code there.
Thus, ppl which has been using other TOTP apps till date and have dozens of website QR's added into their TOTP apps (like Aegis, Google Authenticator, Authy, or etcetera) cant just migrate into 1Pass, as we are force to one-by-one enter the websites and reset 2-Fa verification there and re-generate QR codes. It's joke

Just give us ability to add existing QR (we have saved screenshots) images or even import TOTP secret codes directy (i.e. 9EEAF40DIULIXDQRK ...)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

Doesn't this work for you?

1. Edit an item
    2. Choose "add more" - "One-Time Password"
    3. Paste the secret code
  • @ttod

You said existing screenshot. You should also be able to scan that screenshot code, I would think. I have done this. You should not need to go back to the site itself. Unless I am missing something.

As @XIII mentioned The code is a great example. I make sure it is included in any screenshots I take.

• ttod
    ttod
    Community Member
    edited July 2022

I wished there were exact step-by-step instruction how to scan existing QR file in 1Pass.
    Pasting secret-code might be an alternative, but it's tedious to convert/grab a secret key from image at first, and then input it in 1Pass. I wished all this hassle was handled by just "drag & drop" (or browser from pc) the QR image.

thanks for answers

• ttod
    ttod
    Community Member

@ag_tommy thanks, i have read through that doc and finally managed to find the way to add from screen. thanks!

• Excellent! Happy surfing! 🏄🏻‍♂️

This discussion has been closed.