CMD-\ shortcut doesn't work in Chrome

Options
ehed
ehed
Community Member

I've been using 1P for ages, and the Command-\ keystroke is burned deep into my muscle memory.

It used to auto-fill whatever login was associated with the website for the window that had the focus in Chrome but now it just brings up a search box with no suggestions relevant to the page I am on. This still works with Safari.

If i tap the browser extension, though, it does show the matching credentials.

Is there a way to fix this so I can restore the old behavior? Thanks!

1Password Version: 8.7.3
Extension Version: 2.3.7
OS Version: 12.4
Browser:_ Chrome

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited July 2022
    Options

@ehed

It looks as if you are using Quick Access in the first screenshot. There is a bug where no suggestions may be shown when first invoking it. Close the shortcut and then open it again and you should see a suggestion.

Also you might try using the fill shortcut for Quick Access which is Shift + return. That may help. I'll admit retraining the muscles is hard. I still grab the wrong ones from time to time. Though it's getting easier on me now. It's more of a. you're grabbing to different areas here and that may be causing confusion.

ref: dev/core/core#15483

• ehed
    ehed
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks ag_tommy. I tried invoking Quick Access multiple times but it's the same each time.

For the Shift + Return shortcut, where does the focus have to be in order for that one to work?

• ag_tommy
    edited July 2022
    Options

Does the entry have the URL associated with the login within 1Password? If it's something external and you can share it, I would be happy to see if I can reproduce the behavior or offer another suggestion. The focus would need to be on the prompt you are filling.

Edit: Looking back at your screenshots you provided this looks like it would be the case.

• @ehed

Do you have Quick Access set to a collection? Perhaps it's not looking at all of your data? Click the 1Password icon at the end of the Quick Access prompt to change collections.

This discussion has been closed.