Where is the 1PW extension for Safari browser in ver. 8 for mac?

Where is the 1PW extension for Safari browser in ver. 8 for mac? I went to Safari "preferences" ... "extensions" and it is not there. I did all that I was supposed to do to install the extension. Where is it?

1Password Version: 8.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: mac 0s 12.2.1
Referrer: forum-search:safari extension disappeared in 1PW 8 for Mac

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited May 2022

@dmarrduncan

‎1Password for Safari on the Mac App Store you'll need to get it outside of the app. It is no longer included directly within the application itself.

• srp
    srp
    Community Member

Just FYI...

So far I've been unable to get Safari working with 1Password (see https://1password.community/discussion/130422/1password-extension-2-2-3-for-1p-8-7-0-wont-install-in-safari-15-5-17613-2-7-1-8-on-macos-12-4). It's working just fine in Chrome and Firefox.

But I can't get it working in Safari.

• Hi @srp:

I've just replied to your thread there with some next steps! 😀

Jack

• jenmc
    jenmc
    Community Member
    edited July 2022

The link provided above to the Safari app does not take you to the store. And when I search for it in the App Store, it doesn't come up. Please help. New client, dowloaded the software fine but this additional extension is a problem

See the screenshot

• Hi @jenmc:

If you click View in Mac App Store, does that open the App Store on your Mac to 1Password for Safari? Let me know.

Jack

• jenmc
    jenmc
    Community Member

Looks like I got it going another route. So odd. Thanks. So, can you point me to instructions to have 1Password be my primary password tool? Though the browser extension is installed, I'm not seeing it prompt when I go to enter login on a site. still bringing up the apple password tool. Thanks.

• Hi @jenmc:

We have a page on getting started with 1Password in your browser here: Get started with 1Password in your browser

If you're seeing Safari prompting to fill your passwords still, you may need to disable Safari's password filling options. Choose Safari > Preferences, then choose the Autofill category. Deselect the options "Using information from my contacts", "Usernames and passwords", and "Credit cards".

Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.