1Password vault recovery from version 6.8

Options
cmdpasc
cmdpasc
Community Member
edited July 2022 in Android

Hello,

I have an older device running on Android 4.4.4 with 1Password 6.8 installed. I still have my old 1Password there and am able to unlock it using my master password. Unfortunately the dropbox account that was linked to that device was deleted by Dropbox in 2017 due to inactivity. I tried to sign up using the same email address on the dropbox account in hopes that my vault from this device would sync to Dropbox. It does not seem to work and now I have uninstalled Dropbox and am unable to install the newer version.

Is there anyway I could access the vault file on this Android device and copy it to my computer where I can open it in 1Password desktop application?

I have file explorer, but not sure where to look for this vault file. I can connect the device to my computer and its folders shows up.

Please help! I greatly appreciate it!!!

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 4.4.4
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• @cmdpasc

Please email us and someone from the team will be glad to see if there is anything we can help with.

Sending Diagnostics Reports

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

• Your forum username: cmdpasc
    • A link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/131472/1password-vault-recovery-from-version-6-8

• Please do not post your diagnostic report to the forum. This is for your privacy and security.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• cmdpasc
    cmdpasc
    Community Member
    Options

I am able to generate the report, but it wont allow me to add it as an attachment to the email application on the Android device. Is there a location that the report is generated in that I can find with file explorer and transfer it to my computer to send? Could I also take pictures of the logs and send?

• Hi @cmdpasc, thanks for following up with us. If you can't attach the diagnostics you can copy the text of the report to the body of your email. Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.