Adding other fields limited

Options
Vince42
Vince42
Community Member

I recently created an entry for a software that I have licensed. After entering the licence key for the current version, I was stuck, as the adding fields option did not allow to add more licence fields.

I worked around this by adding a text field and pasting the previous licence keys in there, but as the text field does not understand markup, this is quite an ugly and uncomfortable workaround.

Did I miss something?

1Password Version: 8.7.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 11
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @Vince42, thanks for your message.

You did not miss anything here. After creating an item such as the Software License mentioned, selecting the + add another field is limited to the current available options. Adding a custom text field as you have suggested, is the best work around.

but as the text field does not understand markup, this is quite an ugly and uncomfortable workaround.

Can you speak more to this and provide an example of the markup currently present in the license key field? Or, if you can send a screen shot of what you are seeing that would be helpful. When including a screenshot, please be sure to redact any personal or private information. Thanks!

• Vince42
    Vince42
    Community Member
    Options

I expected the text field to be able to interpret markdown codes like # for headings etc - but it simply displays text.
    If the text field were sensitive, it would be a pragmatic solution, but it isn't:

Moving fields up and down would also be a desirable feature. ;)

• Hello @Vince42,

Apologies for my misunderstanding. I understood your message to mean you were not seeing markdown in a newly added text field that you were seeing elsewhere - thanks for clarifying. In the meantime, I've opened a feature request for your request to see markdown in text fields

ref: IDEA-I-1417

As an alternative, Secure Note items do interpret markdown. Would recreating these items as secure notes work for you?

Moving fields up and down would also be a desirable feature. ;)

This is a highly sought after feature return request we're tracking. I've added a +1 to this for you. Thanks for your additional feedback here.

ref: IDEA-I-372

• Vince42
    Vince42
    Community Member
    Options

As an alternative, Secure Note items do interpret markdown. Would recreating these items as secure notes work for you?

I am already using Secure Notes, but as they only offer one markup-aware text field, the editing is quite limited.
    I really hope, that the "text field" will be enhanced.

Thank you for keeping track of the feature requests!

• You're most welcome, @Vince42! 👍

This discussion has been closed.