New change in 1Password 8 for iOS.

servingthenever
servingthenever
Community Member

Hello! I’m loving the beta so far, even though it has unfortunately had it’s fair share of bugs. But, I just noticed in the latest beta build when you go to an item and tap on either the username or password, it automatically copies it, and in order to get more options (pin to home, reveal, show in large type, etc) you have to press and hold. I have personally gotten used to tapping either the username or password once and the list of options pops up, but some people might prefer it the other way.

Can I ask why this was changed in the first place, and although unlikely, if there is a way to revert it? Thank you :)

Also, I saw that the settings icon was moved, why is that as well?

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 15
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• EggsAndAvo
    EggsAndAvo
    Community Member

Those weren’t in the change log, they aren’t happening to me. Maybe you should try reinstalling the app

• @servingthenever

I do not see an auto copy behavior. I must select the copy action. I think I would also suggest a reinstall of the app to rule out any gremlins.

Can you expand on what you mean about the settings icon? It should be in the sidebar. Perhaps you are thinking of how it was in 1Password 7?

• servingthenever
    servingthenever
    Community Member

Hey @ag_tommy , thank you for your answer. I think that I will send a video to 1Password support on the issues that I am having becaue I am not sure how to send a video here.

Thank you.

• ag_tommy
    edited July 2022

@servingthenever

If you send a video please send it in the body of your email and make sure it's under ~26 MB. Have you tried the reinstall? I would recommend that. There have been a couple of reports where a reinstall was needed to resolve other issues. It would be my first step. 📱 support+forum@1password.com is a good email address to use.

• chris55
    chris55
    Community Member

Hmm, this was in the change log for 8.8.0 but I don’t experience this behaviour. A tap on the fields reveals the menu for me.

• servingthenever
    servingthenever
    Community Member

Weird, it happens for me on all 3 of my Apple devices even after a clean reinstall (iPad Pro 2018, iPhone 7, and iPhone X)
    Maybe it's a specific set of settings that I may have enabled, or maybe that it's because I'm on a 1Password Families account? I have no clue.

This discussion has been closed.