ssh agent prompting for password every time with non-standard binary paths

chrispickard
chrispickard
Community Member
edited July 2022 in SSH

Hi 1password team, I am attempting to use the 1password ssh agent feature and it is prompting me for "one-shot authentication" every time I git fetch. I believe this is because it is attempting to validate that I am using a binary in a trusted location and I'm not accidentally leaking credentials to something else called "git" that installed itself on my path, however I use home-manager which is a project that uses nix, so the actual path to the binary isn't something like /usr/bin/git, it's something like /nix/store/2sqq49dbv3gksfnv9vhvfalpprna6s50-git-2.36.1/bin/git. I was hoping there was a way to toggle that functionality off because while I really liked the additional security of not having to store my private keys unencrypted on my filesystem it was too much to be prompted for the password every time I ran git fetch

thanks!

1Password Version: 8.8.0-165.BETA
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Pop!OS 22.04 LTS
Browser:
Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:ssh agent

Comments

• Thanks for reporting this! That is indeed not the desired behavior. To help us fix this, it would be great if you could send us your SSH diagnostics, as described here.

• chrispickard
    chrispickard
    Community Member

thanks for pointing me to that troubleshooting document. I went ahead and submitted the diagnostics.

• @chrispickard Thanks a lot for submitting those! The fix for this will be present in next week's beta. If you'd like to get your hands on it sooner, it's already available now on the nightly/edge channel.

• chrispickard
    chrispickard
    Community Member

thanks!

• chrispickard
    chrispickard
    Community Member

@floris_1P that took care of it, thanks so much for your help!

This discussion has been closed.