Tags rename

Dany
Dany
Community Member

Hi Team
You did this new thing
"Tags can also be deleted directly from the sidebar. This is super convenient and will automatically update all items that have this tag."

Please do also that we can "deleted" and "rename" the Tags on the sidebar!!

Thanks
Dany

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi again @Dany, thanks for this request! I have forwarded it to our developers. We appreciate you letting us know where you think we can improve. We'll do our best to exceed your expectations. 👍

ref: dev/core/core#9335

• LaForce
    LaForce
    Community Member

deleting, renaming, updating and bulk-updating tags would be awesome!
    In my vaults there are tons of items marked with '1PIF Import....' and other imports - and it is really cumbersome to remove/rename those tags for all the imported items.
    Also - if I try to re-group items (I'm using 'search' for this), it would be more than helpful, if I could batch-add/rename/remove tags for the found items.

• Dany
    Dany
    Community Member

@LaForce Thats correct!! I really hope they do this soon

• Thanks for the requests, folks! I'll keep track of this for you as development continues. 😀 We're listening!

• sncooper
    sncooper
    Community Member

I vote for this as well - I have just updated to v8 and finding this quite inconvenient.

How can I go back to v7 please?

• Hi @sncooper:

If you'd like to switch back to 1Password 7, first confirm that any recent changes you've made in 1Password 8 are visible in your 1Password account, then follow these steps:
    1. Uninstall 1Password 8.
    2. Download 1Password 7 from this page by scrolling down: https://1password.com/downloads/windows/
    3. Install 1Password 7.
    4. At this point you should be able to unlock 1Password with your password.

Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

• Dany
    Dany
    Community Member

Any News about this old tool ?

• Hi, @Dany, no updates on this yet. But we're working to improve things all the time. Keep checking back for updates!

• Dany
    Dany
    Community Member

You know i take just a new business test account for our company but i worry that this is not coming soon. I need that really otherwise i musst use a other password programm who has this option.
    Thants why i asking for again.
    thanks
    Dany

• Hey @Dany:

I completely understand, and we'll be sure to let you know as soon as it is available. 😀

Jack

• Dany
    Dany
    Community Member

Look send this to your developers :-)
    many tags many gettos :-)

Thanks Dany

• Dany
    Dany
    Community Member

Hello
    Any news about this importend thing ?

• Good morning @Dany, thanks for following up here about the feature request for the ability to rename tags. Currently, we do not have any news share, but will provide further updates when available. We appreciate your patience.

ref: IDEA-I-713

• timjo
    timjo
    Community Member

This is a +1 for me as well

• sncooper
    sncooper
    Community Member

I’m still waiting for v8 to get the features we had in v7.

Super annoying when you can’t keep things tidy by renaming tags or reorder elements or sections.

I keep track of servers passwords and also the specs of the servers, and it was quite a task when a company changed its name and I had to delete 50 tags and add them all again without making mistakes (which I did and had to fix my own mess a second time.)

It should have been a 5 second task, not an hour!

• Hi @timjo, I've added your +1. Thanks for your request.

@sncooper, we appreciate your feedback and I'm sorry for any frustration this process has caused you. With the specific use case you mentioned about a company name change, instead of renaming that current tag, as a workaround, you can edit an item and create a new tag. Then, you'll be able add that tag to multiple items by selecting those items and dragging them over that new tag in the left-sidebar. Once the new tag is added to those items, you can delete that older, no longer needed tag. I hope this helps.

In the meantime, we are unable to provide an ETA for this feature, but we'll be sure to get updates out when this is available. Thanks again for your patience.

ref: IDEA-I-713

• Hi folks,

Your patience has been appreciated. I wanted send along an update here. The ability to rename tags has been added to our latest Beta. Those release notes are can be found here.

If you'd like to give the Beta a try you can follow this guide to use 1Password beta releases.

Let us know if you run into any issues. Thanks!

• Dany
    Dany
    Community Member

Hi Mike yes is see that allready some days ago in de Overnight version very great this is realy helpfull
    Thanks a lot
    Im Happy now and many other also i think :-)
    Cheers Dany

• sncooper
    sncooper
    Community Member

Excellent news - Thanks!

• Hey @Dany and @sncooper - You're most welcome! We're glad to see this feature added! 😀

• Hi folks - a further update on this. Renaming tags from the sidebar has now made it into the latest Production version of 1Password (8.9.4). Thank you again for your patience, and we hope you enjoy this update!

• Dany
    Dany
    Community Member

Thanks Peter

Just for your Info
    The translation on German is not correct

Rename Tag = umbenennen Tag
    Tag löschen is corect :-)

Thanks regards
    Dany

• Hey @Dany, thanks for bring this to our attention. I've filed an internal issue to let the appropriate team know about this. Thanks!

Ali

ref: dev/core/core#17406

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    edited September 2022

Hey @Dany !

I'm one of the proofreaders on Crowdin, where all strings are translated. The string "Rename Tag" is already translated into German language.

But it takes some time to implement new translations into the 1Password release. Just be patient. It should be fixed soon. 😉

This discussion has been closed.