1p 8 app and safari browser extension issue

Options
telUK
telUK
Community Member
edited July 2022 in Mac

Hi

I have the latest version of 1p8 on my iMac as well as the safari extension installed, I have this weird annoyance with unlocking, sometimes I will unlock 1p from the safari extension, I will then open the 1p app and its locked still.

Likewise sometimes I have unlocked the app but the Safari extension is still locked.

And to be clear they do normally sync (unlock) together.

Find it a bit annoying having to sometimes unlock twice if I need to check something in the full app.

1Password Version: 8.8
Extension Version: 2.3.7
OS Version: Catalina 10.15.7
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited July 2022
    Options

@telUK

That's not good. Sorry that's happening. It sounds like something is certainly breaking that combined unlock state. The best suggestion I can provide would be to email us where one of our extensions team can gather logs and try to determine what is happening. Please email us using support+forum@1password.com. Be sure to use the email address tied to the account in question.

Off-hand, the only thing I can think of is browser updates and extension updates as in a beta browser, or perhaps you are on our beta channel? Though if the latter were true, you would be past 2.3.7. My colleagues can dig into this in more detail and check those logs.

A diagnostic report may be useful.

1. Open 1Password.
    2. Tap your 1Password account icon from the 1Password home screen.
    3. Tap Settings.
    4. Tap Help.
    5. Click Send Diagnostics.

The diagnostic report doesn't include any private information like your logins, Password, or Secret Key. About 1Password diagnostics information

• telUK
    telUK
    Community Member
    edited July 2022
    Options

@ag_tommy

Thank you, I have a new security update and safari update 15.6 to install, which only released the other day, so what I will do is update and then see how it is, if it happens again I will then follow your instructions and send a report.

• ag_tommy
    edited July 2022
    Options

Sounds good @telUK

We're open 24/7 for deposits. 😉 We send out emails 24/7 too!

• telUK
    telUK
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy

Ok I sent the email with report.

Thanks again

• Sounds good @telUK

I did not find a match with the email address you use in the community. Did you receive a support id? If so, can you share it?

• Please do not post your email address to the community. This is for your privacy.
  • telUK
    telUK
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy

Yeah here you go. I received a reply from Paul to try some steps, which I will give a go later.

[#SCB-98925-967]

Thanks

• Sounds good. I think he'll get you going nicely. If you have any trouble shoot him another email. Have a great weekend!

ref: SCB-98925-967

This discussion has been closed.