macOS account password fill only works for one password

rensa
rensa
Community Member

Hi there! Loving 1Password 8 😊

I particularly appreciate the system and Terminal integration for filling my Mac's password. I have a work Mac with a work username/password, though, and a personal one with a different username and password. As far as I can tell, only one item (my work account) is designated as the one to autofill into system apps and the terminal. If I want to fill the personal Mac password, I need to use Cmd+Shift+Space and manually copy it. Not a big drama at all, but I wanted to note it!

1Password Version: 8.7.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.4
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• @rensa

Have you tried creating a new Mac login? You should be able to create an item to be filled for each device. Then you can select either one using quick access.

• Creating a new special Mac login.
    1. Click the blue + new item in the upper right-hand corner.
    2. Search for Mac and use the Mac login type.
    3. Fill in details as needed and save when complete. If you are on the specific Mac, 1Password will likely pick up the macOS user account name and pre-populate it for you.
    • Filling
    1. Open Quick access.
    2. Locate the needed details (search?). It must be a specifically created item type to work properly.
    3. Select the item and then press shift + enter to fill.

Also, please update 1Password and macOS at your convenience. The new versions would be 8.8 and 12.5, respectively.

• rensa
    rensa
    Community Member

Ah, I didn't clock this! I'll try converting my other login to a mac login type. (Sorry about the delay getting back to you, too!)

• Hey @rensa:

On behalf of Tommy, you're very welcome! πŸ˜„

Jack

This discussion has been closed.