Safari extension has suddenly disappeared from Safari and extensions preferences

Safari Version 15.1 (17612.2.9.1.20) is no longer showing 1Password as an extension. The separate app is installed (1Password for Safari Version 15.1 (17612.2.9.1.20)), but it's disappeared as of this morning. No new updates have been installed, but it's gone! Rebooted, deleted and reinstalled the 1Password for Safari app; no difference. Any suggestions? Main 1Password app is 1Password for Mac 8.4.0 80400053, on BETA channel

1Password Version: 80400053, on BETA channel
Extension Version: 2.1.4
OS Version: macOS 12.0.1

Comments

• jezdez
    jezdez
    Community Member

I came here to say that this is happening for me, too!

• Hi @howardellacott / @jezdez:

I'm sorry you're running into this issue. We're investigating what causes this but we do have a potential workaround that might work for you both. Please close all web browsers then run this command in Terminal:

/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Support/lsregister -f -R /Applications/Safari.app

This will rebuild the launch services database, which includes the extension. Let me know if this works for you two, or if you're still running into trouble.

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#8822

• howardellacott
    howardellacott
    Community Member

Hi @jack.platten , that's fixed, it thank you!

• jezdez
    jezdez
    Community Member

Hey Jack, this did the trick! Thank you :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@howardellacott, @jezdez:

On behalf of Jack, you are welcome! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• mcdonajw
    mcdonajw
    Community Member

@jack.platten thank you so much!

• Hi @mcdonajw:

Glad to hear my steps worked for you! If you need anything else in the future, please let us know!

Jack

• meSingh
    meSingh
    Community Member

Had the same issue,

@Jack.P_1P's suggestion worked for me :)

• Excellent, thank you @meSingh!

• valentincoindreau
    valentincoindreau
    Community Member

Hi, had the same issue on Mac OS 12.5, Safari 15.6, 1p8 beta 80800215 and the 2.3.7 extension, the command line also solved the issue

• I am happy to hear you could find a resolution before the weekend, Please enjoy it, if you can.

This discussion has been closed.