My identities have disappeared

Options
nhoward
nhoward
Community Member

About a month ago, I discovered that my identities have disappeared - even the category was missing from the pulldown menu. I had around 6 of them - several with my name and different email addresses (used for different situations) and a couple with my husband's name with different email addresses. Finally today, I decided to try and find them. I opened the 1Password app (I had been using the menu bar to access it) and found that the Identities category was empty. How could this be? Where could it have gone???? (Note: while trying to find the identities, I updated 1 Password to 7.9.5. The problem existed before I did this.).

I decided to try and refill it, and found that for the one that I attempted to fill out, it insisted on using my last name for the title of the entry. I found no way to have it use my first name, so I could distinguish between the different email address, and to also distinguish it from my husband's various identities. This is NOT an improvement from any previous versions.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.9.5 (70905003)
Extension Version: 2.3.7
OS Version: macOS11.6.7
Browser:_ Brave
Referrer: forum-search:my identities have disappeared

Comments

• @nhoward

You mentioned using the menu bar. Are you looking in the correct vault? The vault may have been changed in the menu bar. If you are looking to rename an entry you can do that from edit mode. Place the cursor at the end of the text. Hopefully, my screenshot will help. Be sure to save your changes.

• nhoward
    nhoward
    Community Member
    Options

Yes I am using the correct vault. All of the other categories (credit cards, logins, etc) are there. I know how to edit an identity. My problem, other than the fact that they all disappeared, is the when I start a new identity, it lists it using my last name, not my first. (I want several identities, using different email addresses, all under my first name.)

• Would editing the name and selecting something you like not work? I apologize; it feels as if I am missing a detail here. I can't put my finger on it. When you create a new item does it show as in my screenshot above? Ready and waiting to you to name it? Perhaps the item is coming from the browser? Do you have the browser password manager enabled?

Turn off the built-in password manager in your browser

This discussion has been closed.