Imported icloud passwords not recognized on 1password

Options
heliogene
heliogene
Community Member

I have exported a .csv file with 180 logins from Icloud Keychain and imported it 1password without issues. All information is visible on the vault everything looks fine on all devices. But when it comes to 1password filling the data on a website, it just says 'no items to show'. This is the same on mac with Chrome and on ios with Safari. I have created a new account on a website, generated and saved the password and login information with 1password, that one works without issues, so the problem seems to be only on the imported icloud passwords. I also tried to copy a login out of the imported vault to another vault to see if that makes a difference but it didn't. Here are screenshots:

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: 2.3.7
OS Version: macOS 12.4
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• @heliogene

I'd like to get you over to my colleagues in email support. If something is amiss with the importer we can look into it. Normally I might think it would be a device configuration issue but you mentioned it was happening on both Mac and iOS device. It almost sounds as the correct vault is not being used or selected. It sounds like you already covered that but it may be worth checking again.

If that does not pan out please email us using support+forum@1password.com. Be sure to use the email address tied to the account in question.

• heliogene
    heliogene
    Community Member
    Options

Checked the Vaults again all of them are active on 'vaults included in all vaults'. I can view all login info from all vaults at the chrome extension also. I can not login to anything on chrome desktop but I have managed to login on ios safari now. When trying to login to amazon I have entered 1password through the ios keyboard and manually found amazon, when i did that 1password asked me the question you can see on the added screenshot. After going through that for the username and the password separately I have logged in but it wasn't permanent, after I logged out it was back to 'no items to show'.

I thought this might be about 'www' as it wasn't there on the actual url. But I have tried again with soundcloud where the url matched the saved website url on 1password and that did not make a difference still the same issue.

• @heliogene

Please email us as we may need to dig into things in more detail to figure out what occurred. It may potentially involve accessing account details which I cannot access here. Diagnostic information may need to be obtained. Thanks.

• ag_tommy
    edited July 2022
    Options

@heliogene

I have filed a bug report on our end based on what I think you experienced. I have a workaround that solved the issue in my testing. I was hoping you could give it a try and let me know if it helps you too? Did you happen to get a chance to email us? If so, do you have your support id?

1. Locate the item that exhibits the behavior. * I am unsure if this would affect all of your logins. My suspicion would be yes.
    2. Enter edit mode and then exit edit mode by clicking Save - You do not need to edit any data. The act of entering edit mode and saving the item again is all that is needed in my testing.
    3. Attempt filling again. The item should be offered up as a suggestion.

ref: dev/core/core#16519

• heliogene
    heliogene
    Community Member
    Options

Support ID: #JGW-94214-321

Yes just entering edit mode and saving worked! I did not need to update any information. It works both on mobile and desktop, everything seems to be working as intended now. Just need to that with all 180 logins though i guess. Also one weird behavior before trying this fix was, 1password suggested the wrong email address for my amazon log in for some reason. Which happened only one time, it wasn't doing that before. Just to let you now. Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.