Save in 1Password dialog appears even when there are credentials saved for the website

Jeunj
Jeunj
Community Member

I've just upgraded to 1P8 and one of the things I cannot seem to resolve is the "Save in 1Password" dialog that keeps appearing even though the credentials have been populated for the particular website (see attached).

There doesn't seem to be an option to disable the display of this dialog even when you don't really want it to be displayed.

As an aside, I've also noticed that on some sites it requires a webpage refresh to autofill all fields.

[ -- removed by 1Password staff -- ]

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: 2.3.71
OS Version: 12.4
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• Jeunj
    Jeunj
    Community Member

I found the browser setting to disable autofill. One needs to right click on the 1Password icon in the browser bar.

• Hi @Jeunj:

While that toggle does disable the prompt to save passwords, that definitely isn't the experience we want you to have when filling your items. Just to confirm, both of those items are stored in your 1Password account as Login items, correct? Additionally, since this is a public site, I've removed your screenshots to protect your privacy.

Jack

• Jeunj
    Jeunj
    Community Member

Thanks Jack, I can confirm that for the sites the the Save Password dialog appears I have stored items for those websites.

• Jeunj
    Jeunj
    Community Member
    edited August 2022

I've noticed that it only happens when you use ⌘+\ to autofill credentials. Hopefully, many here are keyboard users so this will be as much of a nuisance to them as it is to me 😜.

• Hey @Jeunj:

This is definitely something we're aware of, and hopefully we'll have it smoothed out in the future.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.