Can I renew my subscription and continue using 1Password 7?

Options
hawk713
hawk713
Community Member
This discussion was created from comments split from: 1P8 and the browser extension.

Comments

• hawk713
    hawk713
    Community Member
    Options

Currently running 1P 7.9.5 build 70905002. When my annual subscription expires next year, will I be able to renew and continue using Version 7 on Mac OS 13 Ventura?

• Hi @hawk713,

Thanks for your question, 1Password 7 for Mac will still be safe to use, but will only receive important security updates. We strongly encourage you to update to the latest version once you get the chance, if you have any questions about how to do this or about 1Password 8 itself, I’m happy to help!

Also, just a note that I’ve split our conversation into its own separate thread. 👍🏻

• hawk713
    hawk713
    Community Member
    Options

How might a find the other thread. My wife has lost access to 1P on her account under my family plan on her iPhone 10. She is using my old MacBook Air but we "Sold it" and now she owns it rather than only having only a userid on that computer. We tried but failed to setup 1P on "her" MacBook. But she did still have access to her vaults on her iPhone for at least a month.

I may have caused the problem for her because I would like to make 1P recognize that my iMac in my home is NOT a public computer even though I have multiple Apple IDs. My latest information suggests the computer owner is the first Apple ID used when you do a clean install on a new Mac. I can not delete all my Apple ID's but one, which I believe force both Apple and 1P to recognize that ID as the owner because that would also delete all my emails from other Apple ID's.

Can you help me, please?

Ralf Kuehnel
    BTW I am a member of Washington, DC Apple Pi, and would like to explain the advantages of 1P over Apple's keychain

• hawk713
    hawk713
    Community Member
    Options

If Andrew or anyone else at Agile Bits, has tried to reach me, I have not received any email for a direct email link to divulge private information. My next question, may my wife purchase 1P version 7 family plan and then allow me to have a shared vault. She would then own 1P on her MacBook running Mac OS version 12.5?

• @hawk713

If you need to discuss private details with us kindly send us an email. Please use support+forum@1password.com. Be sure to use the email address tied to the account in question.

Your wife can purchase a membership and use 1Password 7 if she wishes. All memberships come with perpetual upgrades. As long as you remain a member you always have access to the latest version of 1Password. As of this writing that would be 8. I should note 1Password 7 is considered feature complete and will only be receiving important updates moving forward.

The original thread link is within your beginning post at the top of the page. Here is that link for your convenience. https://1password.community/discussion/131548/1p8-and-the-browser-extension/

This discussion has been closed.