Why is there no "Type in window" feature for Passwords and Usernames in the new 1Password 8 Update?

PhilAUT
PhilAUT
Community Member

Hello,
I updated my 1Password to 8.7.0-90. In the new looking UI is no option for "type in window".
I unfortunately used that feature very often, and would appreciate it being added.
Thanks,_ and greeting from Austria_

1Password Version: 8.7.0-90
Extension Version: N/A
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro x64 21H2

Comments

• Hello @PhilAUT, thank you for this suggestion. ๐Ÿ‘‹

We're aware this is a popularly-requested feature and are looking into what we can do. And we appreciate you letting us know that this is a priority for you!

Thanks again for the request, and we'll keep improving your usability experience wherever we can. ๐Ÿ‘

• edikschneider
    edikschneider
    Community Member

This is so Important. I need this feature for support sessions in TeamViewer or Hyper-V RDP.
    Please bring it back.

• Hey @edikschneider, thanks for sharing your use case. I can certainly understand how this feature can affect your workflow.

I'll be sure to add your voice to an internal feature request we have open for this. Thanks again!

Ali

IDEA-I-193

• kapsiR
    kapsiR
    Community Member

I'd love to see this too.
    We use a lot of different applications and a lot of RDP connections where we would use that!

I was used to do this with KeePass Auto-Type, this feature is great: https://keepass.info/help/base/autotype.html

• Thank you, @kapsiR. We have submitted a vote on your behalf! ๐Ÿ‘

• paullopez
    paullopez
    Community Member

Would be really useful to have this also as an option for when filling in a websites password to force the browser to 'type' the password instead of setting the field. This would fix a few sites that require you to physically type something into the box or sites that capture the keystroke and encode it into the password field. A simple "type this" checkbox option on the password would be awesome.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

Those sites are most annoying, arenโ€™t they @paullopez !?

• paullopez
    paullopez
    Community Member

Would be really useful to have this also as an option for when filling in a websites password to force the browser to 'type' the password instead of setting the field. This would fix a few sites that require you to physically type something into the box or sites that capture the keystroke and encode it into the password field. A simple "type this" checkbox option on the password would be awesome.

• Hey @paullopez, I've added your comment to the internal feature request. Thanks for the feedback and suggestion!

Ali

ref: IDEA-I-193

• jhsperc
    jhsperc
    Community Member

+1 I also extensively used this in the prior version and am very disappointed it is gone in the latest version once updated. I used this extensively for Anydesk/Teamviewer/Remote Desktop etc - when copy/paste is not allowed or permitted.

• LoopVogel
    LoopVogel
    Community Member

+1 Just accepted an upgrade to v8 and seriously regretting it. One hour later, still can't log into RuneScape which doesn't support copy/paste of passwords and my password is 30 random characters. (no desire to have to type that in every time)

• Hello @jhsperc, thanks for your feedback. I've added your +1.

@LoopVogel, I appreciate your additional feedback here and as noted in the other discussion you were part of, I've included your details in this feature request. Thanks!

• LoopVogel
    LoopVogel
    Community Member

Thank you @ag_mike_d

Drag/drop works for RuneScape, but not for when I'm prompted for the admin password by Windows. (thankfully sometimes copy/paste works for this, but it's something of a faff)

• naylorc123
    naylorc123
    Community Member

Add me to the list of wanting this feature restored, please. Use case is a locked-down virtual desktop that doesn't permit copy-paste.

• SteveKK
    SteveKK
    Community Member

Going to see if I can downgrade back to v7 as the type in window feature is vital. When you work with multiple VMs, RDP and other remote systems you soon get a large collection of passwords, which are mostly >30 characters. Missing this feature will cost me a lot of time. Clearly it is a popular feature as there are a number of threads asking where this has gone, so is it possible to be provided with a timeline as to when we might see this feature restored?
    Until then, I am off to try downgrading back the v7.

Regards,
    Steve

• Hi folks,

Thank you for letting us know these are dealbreakers. We've added your votes to our issue tracker as such.

Just to clarify, we do plan to implement this support for 1Password 8 but we don't have a timeframe at the moment.

This discussion has been closed.