1P 8 Mac: Web Browser extension takes over the screen.

Options
LKlieger
LKlieger
Community Member

Ever since 1P 8 for Mac, the browser extensions take over the screen. While previously there was a nice small pop up, now the full app seems to open to whatever size I last had it set at. So, if I was using 1P full screen, clicking 1P in the browser toolbar makes 1P full screen until I enter my password.

This is bad for a few reasons:

1. Distracting from the content.
  2. There can be a lag, so while the pop-up includes a button to "Open 1Password", 1Password is really automatically being opened behind the scenes. That's misleading and confusing.
  3. It's frankly just jarring. I want the extension popup to be small, like the extension itself is. But ever since the change to Electron, this has been an issue.

Does anyone have ideas how to fix this? Or is it up to the 1Password team to fix it?

Thanks,

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: 2.3.7
OS Version: MacOS 12.5
Browser:_ Firefox (also issue in Safari though)
Referrer: forum-search:extensiopn mac takeover

Comments

• Hi @LKlieger:

Just to confirm, are you referring to the unlock screen of 1Password being opened when you click the 1Password icon in your browser? Let me know!

Jack

• LKlieger
    LKlieger
    Community Member
    Options

@Jack.P_1P Yes, that's correct. The big 1Password unlock screen pops up, overtaking anything else on the screen until I enter the password.

I understand that giving proper attention makes sense, but it's a jarring and consistently unexpected change on the screen.

This discussion has been closed.