1Password 8 accent color does not match system accent color

Options
brsu
brsu
Community Member

1P8 does not consider the system accent color(in system preferences->general). My system accent color is red but in 1password, the color when selecting items is blue. In 1Password 7, the color when selecting items is red.

1Password Version: 1Password 8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• alexclst
    alexclst
    Community Member
    edited August 2021
    Options

I think that this is a side-effect of Electron. But I totally agree as someone who uses a different accent color, the Mac app should honor that preference if at all possible.

Incidentally, a related issue is that the Safari extension also does not honor the accent color. I imagine, being the Safari extension, you could query what that color should be from Safari's API somewhere. I know that the extension is largely a port of the Chromium one, but like with the main app, the browser extension should honor the macOS accent color, not assume that it is blue.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@brsu, @alexclst:

Thank you both for the feedback! I see that our developers have an issue open to discuss this, so I will let them know you would also like to see this :+1:

ref: dev/core/core#9512

• StevenBedrick
    StevenBedrick
    Community Member
    Options

+1 on this one; when people complain about Electron apps not feeling "native" this is one of the big contributing factors- not following along with system-wide UI customizations like accent color.

• Understood; thanks @StevenBedrick. I've added your voice to that issue as well. :+1:

Ben

• StevenBedrick
    StevenBedrick
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks!

• Not a problem. :)

Ben

• FredericC
    FredericC
    Community Member
    Options

Thumbs up for the accent color. Each time I open 1password this blue is freaking me out as I use an alternate color as an accent color. Only app I considered poorly designed use their own accent color without taking care of the system settings.

• Ben
    Options

Hi folks.

We don't have any current plans to do this, but we'll continue gathering feedback, and we appreciate the input.

Ben

• FredericC
    FredericC
    Community Member
    Options

This is a bad news for the product, poor macos integration. Only the few poor designed tools I have doesn't match accent color.

• viswiz
    viswiz
    Community Member
    Options

+1 from me. Ignoring essential platform properties like accent color or the 'design' of the fake preference window on macOS is really keeping me away from even considering version 8 as an upgrade to 7.

• Ben
    Options

Hi all,

The system accent color is now taken into consideration in the latest nightly build of 1Password 8 for Mac (80900003). 🎉

Ben

This discussion has been closed.