1Password 8 date and time formats

Mike13
Mike13
Community Member

1Password 8 doesn't respect my date and time format settings:

My preferences in Windows are:

How to make 1Password to honor system settings?

1Password Version: 8.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 x64 Version 21H2

Comments

• Hi @Mike13:

Thanks for asking about this. This is an issue we're currently tracking, so I've added you to our internal issue on this.

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#8747

• Mike13
    Mike13
    Community Member

Any timeline/roadmap when this will be released?

• Hi @Mike13:

Thanks for following up, and I do apologize for the delay because of the holidays. Generally we tend to keep things pretty close to the chest, so I don't have an update for you just yet.

Jack

• snowmen
    snowmen
    Community Member

Same problem on Linux.

• Hey @snowmen:

Thanks for adding your input, I've added you to the issue I mentioned above.

Jack

• joelfinch
    joelfinch
    Community Member

I would like to be added to track this item too please, and I want to say that I'm very unimpressed that your team knew about this issue for over six months and went ahead with the launch of your new version without fixing it. That reflects badly on your company. You've made a big song-and-dance about how it's a "new modern windows integration", and you couldn't even read the date settings. The real problem is that it makes me wonder what else you're not doing correctly, if you can't get the simple stuff right.

• Hi @joelfinch,

Thanks for your feedback, I've included you thoughts with the issue we're currently tracking internally. I'm sorry that we do not have any additional news to share or a timeframe for this fix to be implemented. Your patience is appreciated.

• wilruns
    wilruns
    Community Member

appreciate if this can be fixed asap, quite annoying to see the wrong date format (which inevitably leads to a rant about how stupid the US date format is...)

• viswiz
    viswiz
    Community Member

This rather small but quite obvious issue should have been fixed a long time ago.

• Hi @wilruns and @viswiz,

Thank you both your feedback and sorry for any troubles this has caused you. I've passed on long this feedback to the team. Please keep an eye out for updates in the 1Password 8 release notes.

• gesara
    gesara
    Community Member
    edited September 2022

For someone who grew up in Britain and now lives in Germany, having a choice of date format is vital. There are two formats I use:
    DD.MM.YYYY (common in Europe, note we use periods "." instead of slashes "/"
    YYYY-MM-DD I use this format for filenames and anything that needs to be sorted by date. This is the most logical format that I believe is standard in Japan.
    MM/DD/YYYY is the American format and the one I hate to use. It is confusing and neither sortable nor logical.

For 1Password to not support something simple like this, surprises me. If I had known this before switching, I would have looked for a different password manager. The fact that people have been asking for this for months and they even release version 8 without fixing this, does not give me much confidence in the company's ability to listen to their customer's needs. If there is not some sign of them actually fixing this, that should not be that difficult, then I will have to consider other password managers. I use dates too much for this to be acceptable.

• Hey @gesara, thank you for your feedback. I understand this issue is a deal breaker for you, I'll share your comment with the team. I apologize that we don't have any other updates to share at the moment but our team is working on this. We greatly appreciate your patience.

Ali

• CliveARiches
    CliveARiches
    Community Member

I find it strange that you are unable to fix this date format problem, it seams such a fundamental requirement.

• @CliveRiches – This fix is now available in the Beta and Nightly channels.

We’ve added proper localization support for dates and times.

— from the beta release notes

If you'd like to try the beta, you can do so by following these instructions: Use 1Password beta releases.

Please let me know if you have any questions, or would like any further help. :)

• CliveARiches
    CliveARiches
    Community Member

Still not fixed and after changing to Beta it didn't find an update.

1Password for Mac 8.9.11

80911019, on PRODUCTION channel

• Hello @CliveARiches,

I'm sorry for the issues you've been encountering with the Beta channel. The version number you are referring to 80911019 is on the production channel and has surpassed the last Beta released due to a hotfix on December 15. This fix is included in the Beta but has yet to reach Production.

If you're up for it, could you try changing the release channel to Nightly instead of Beta and let us know if this helps resolve the date formatting:
    1. Open and unlock 1Password.
    2. Click your account or collection at the top of the sidebar and choose Settings.
    3. Click Advanced, then set “Release channel” to Nightly.

Once the update completes, you can set the release channel back to a preferred channel and the version of 1Password will catch up as updates release.

Let us know if you run into any other troubles.

• CliveARiches
    CliveARiches
    Community Member

Excellent, worked a treat. Thank you.

• Hello @CliveARiches - You're most welcome. I'm happy this helped!

• Mike13
    Mike13
    Community Member

Just installed v8.9.12:

Still see NON-LOCALIZED dates/times:

and here:

Although my taskbar uses the localized format:

• Hello @Mike13,

Thanks for your reply and reporting these inconsistences. I'm seeing similar issues but a colleague who was helping me test things out, is seeing things working as expected, so there is something afoot.

Could take a look at, or create a test an item such as a Driver's License, add a date of birth.

• Does the date format reflect properly there?
    • If you change the system date format, does the date of birth also change to reflect that new system format
    • If not does fully quitting and restarting 1Password help?
    • After changes are made to the date format, do the above pictured dates from the 1Password 8 update page or the Modified/Created dates match that format or remain the same?
    • Could you also let us know if you are using Windows 10 or 11?

Looking forward to your reply.

• Mike13
    Mike13
    Community Member
    edited January 2023
    • Checked with another item (type "Passport") - the date fields are correct (birthdate, issue_date, expiry_date). It seams that item fields are now formatted correctly, but the metadata is not (s. my screenshots above).
    • Changing system date format doesn't help
    • Fully quitting and restarting 1Password doesn't help either
    • I'm using Windows 11 version 22H2 build 22621.963
  • Hello again @Mike13,

Sorry for the delay. We appreciate the feedback and updated information. We've been seeing some other reports and these details have been passed along to the Development team for investigation. Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.