Duplicated entries

purtonm
purtonm
Community Member

I have found that all existing entries in 1Password have been duplicated.
I have not to my knowledge made any alterations to the app.
Any ideas how I may get back to the original entries?

Comments

• Hello @purtonm! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that you see duplicate items in 1Password. If you're using a 1Password account then do you see the duplicate items when you log in to your 1Password account on 1Password.com (in the browser, not the app)?

Can you also tell me if you see a "Primary" standalone vault on any of your devices? I look forward to hearing from you. 😊

• purtonm
    purtonm
    Community Member

Hello
    Thank you for your response.
    I have found that the button for vault iCloud was on. Turning it off has brought all items to be the same for iPhone and iPad so removing duplicated items.
    Does this make sense to you?
    Thank you again.
    Michael

• @purtonm

You can disable the vault, but my suggestion would be to remove it outright. You might accidentally save data to that location. The problem with leaving it on the device and disabled is that data might somehow make it to that location. Now that you have a membership, it's best to get the data sorted so that you'll not have to go tracking down an errantly saved item.

1. Check to make sure all of your data is available on https://my.1password.com and ensure you have a copy of your Emergency Kit. and know your password.

2. If needed, add your account to the device. * It may already be present. How to add your 1Password account to the apps

3. If needed copy any items from your Primary vault to your membership vault (Personal/Private) that are not already present. * Please be sure you have the most up-to-date information in your Personal vault. * You may need to do this on each device.

4. Remove the Primary vault.

• If the Primary is on multiple devices and was NOT syncing, you'll likely need to repeat these steps on each device to ensure no data loss.
This discussion has been closed.