[1P8] Autofill issue: Proton apps

Options
Kev0909
Kev0909
Community Member

Hi,
I'm having issues using Autofill with the Proton apps (Mail and Calendar; possibly VPN too). Might have been that way since the release of the 1P8 beta, I didn't check at the time though.

When tapping on the Password field, I get an Autofill suggestion which fills in the password and copies the 2FA code, but doesn't fill in the username. Tapping on the Username field or using the Auto-fill long-press menu there doesn't do or show anything. The 2FA field on the page after submitting my login details also doesn't get any suggestions.

Would be great if that could be fixed. Loving the constant improvements you are making with v8! The tips section is quite interesting, would be great if there was an option to restore dismissed tips though. Some more tips or update/ blog highlights there might be nice too.

Thanks again for all your excellent work!

1Password Version: 8.8.0-210
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 12
Browser:_ N/A

Comments

• Hi @Kev0909, from myself and the team thank you for the feedback and support! I'm happy to hear you're enjoying 1Password 8 for Android!

I downloaded Proton Mail and have been able to reproduce what you described. I have filed this with the team. In the mean time, turning Copy One-Time Passwords on from Settings > Autofill can help on the 2FA page. With this setting, after you select and fill your password in a Proton app, the OTP will be copied to your clipboard which you can then paste in on the next page.

On the home tab you can tap Customize (🖉) and add Tips to the tab. At the moment we've only included the startup tips but we plan to use that space for future tips and highlights. I think including a way to refresh or explore previous tips is a great idea and I've shared this idea with the team as well.

Thanks again!

ref: dev/core/core#16229

• Kev0909
    Kev0909
    Community Member
    Options

Hey ag_timothy, thanks for your reply and help!

I already knew about the Autofill clipboard setting and the Customise button but I appreciate your mentioning them anyway.

Looking forward to next app update!

• You are very welcome @Kev0909! Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

This discussion has been closed.