Searching just in 1 vault so I can move them

Options
dealtek
dealtek
Community Member
edited July 2022 in Mac

using 1P 8

I have several vaults - I pick one - then search - and click show all - but it reverts to all vaults... I want it to list all items JUST in my chosen vault...

How can I do that?

goal: to find items in one vault - then move them to another vault...

ALSO: How do I hide / show just the vaults I want at any point?

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 12.4
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @dealtek,

To search within a specific vault, you can use search filters by pressing command + F after clicking your vault of choice: Search 1Password to find what you need

Once you've located the item you're looking for, you can move them to a new vault by dragging them over. 🙂

As for showing certain vaults, I'd recommend using Collections to organize which vaults you'd like to see at a given time. You can find this option in the drop-down menu in the upper-left corner of the 1Password 8 for Mac app:

Let me know how this goes or if you have any questions!

• dealtek
    dealtek
    Community Member
    Options

Hi - Thanks

• I choose vault
    • CMD F find xyz

BUT THERE ARE MANY - not 1 as you said - and I want to select all of these and move them - or archive or delete etc.

How can I do this with MANY items from 1 VAULT?

• Hey @dealtek,

Thanks for your reply. To select multiple items you can click one to start and then hold shift + down arrow to highlight multiple. If you'd like to move everything in a vault you can select the vault, click one item, and press command + A. Once you've captured what you'd like to move you can then drag the items to the desired vault.

Let me know how this goes or if I can help. 🙂

• dealtek
    dealtek
    Community Member
    Options

sorry maybe I am missing something?

1 - I choose vault
    2 - CMD F find xyz

BUT THERE ARE MANY - not 1 as you said - and **** I want to select all of these and move them *** - or archive or delete etc.

How can I do this with MANY items from 1 VAULT?

q: so how do I select what I want IN JUST THIS One VAULT BEFORE I = click one to start and then hold shift + down arrow to highlight multiple.

• @dealtek

While working in the middle column after your search. Click one entry that you intend to take action on. It will highlight. Hold shift and then click each additional entry to select them. You must continue to hold shift while you click any an all you wish to select. Once all are selected right-click and select your option, archive, delete, move etc.

Optionally, if all items need to be acted upon. Click one entry that you intend to take action on. It will highlight. Press command + a and all items in the center column will select. Now select your option, archive, delete, move etc.

• dealtek
    dealtek
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your help

1 - I choose vault
    2 - CMD F find xyz

but next all that shows is a new list of results right below search box...

If I click on one - then it goes to it in middle column but search is lost...
    or
    at bottom it says - choose all matching names... if I choose that it LOSES the vault

did I explain my problem?

• ag_tommy
    edited July 2022
    Options

@dealtek

I believe you are looking for show all items. That will find all times xyz Be careful you do not pull in any unwanted items. It may happen. That's where the shift + click selection would come in.

• ag_tommy
    edited July 2022
    Options

Try creating a collection first, that is how I segment my vaults. You'll select a collection first, then search.

Use collections to create custom groups of vaults

• dealtek
    dealtek
    Community Member
    Options

I believe you are looking for show all items. That will find all times xyz ...

but I am looking for = show all items within the 1 chosen vault only. still in the dark how to achieve this ...

Thanks for the help

• @dealtek

I think our posts crossed. Sorry about that. I was using a collection. Please try using one and then search for the desired term.

• dealtek
    dealtek
    Community Member
    Options

so in my case you mean create collection with just my one vault - then search?

• ag_tommy
    edited July 2022
    Options

That's would be the easiest way I can think of to help narrow this down. Later on you can use the collection to contain any vault you use group by suggestions like work, home/personal, shared etc.. Or you can remove the collection. As you can tell I am a huge fan of collections.

If you would rather not use that method. Try this and see if it helps.

1. Select the vault in the side bar.
    2. Press command + F.
    3. You should see =vault:YourVaultName Where YourVaultName would be the vault you are working in.
    4. Type you search string. e.g., =vault:YourVaultName xyz
    5. Use the show all results.
    6. You should only see items matching xyz from the specific vault.
  • dealtek
    dealtek
    Community Member
    Options

ok thanks I will give it a try.

• dealtek
    dealtek
    Community Member
    Options

Hi. I am happy to report that your last 6 step method Does Exactly what I wanted! This makes perfect sense. Thank You Very Much!

• Excellent job on your part @dealtek Thanks for letting me know this helped.

This discussion has been closed.