How do I change my default start page?

Options
astriddirtsa
astriddirtsa
Community Member

My default Start Page on my PC is different from the one on my iPhone and my iPad (which both have different default start pages). How do I change the default start page?
My PC opens with my email folder
My iPad opens with "categories"
My iPhone opens with my "work" folder.

1Password Version: 7.9.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:default start page

Comments

• Hello @astriddirtsa, thank you for this question! I'm happy to assist.

Can you tell me a little more about this? For example, is the "email" folder on the PC a vault in 1Password dedicated to work items? Or something else? If it's easier to show than describe, feel free to send us a screenshot too (keeping any sensitive info redacted, of course).

There are some differences between 1Password on each platform (and we're working on unifying some of these! 😀) but we should be able to get you to a pretty consistent experience between platforms. I'll look forward to hearing more about this!

• Zerosan
    Zerosan
    Community Member
    Options

I've been struggling with this as well, in a slightly different way, what I would like to do is overwrite to what location the application starts up to.

Either with a setting in the settings, or maybe by rightclicking the section in the application and selecting "open here by default".

I don't feel like opening in All Items is very useful for me, given partly that it also lists my software licenses and other things. I'd rather it starts up in the Login category.

• Hi @Zerosan,

Thanks for your message. 1Password 8 opens to where you last left off, but I do understand that you'd like a setting to select a default location, vault or category when you first open the app. I'm happy to submit this as feature request to the Product team for you.

Stepping back to my comment about the app opening to where you left off, you could try pinning Categories to the sidebar (Settings > Appearance > Always Show in Sidebar) and check Categories as needed. Then the last selected category will be available when relaunching the app.

As an alternative, if you like to do this based off of a collection of different account(s) and vaults, this works in the same manner where the last selected Collection will be present at startup and may be useful: Use collections to create custom groups of vaults

I hope this helps!

ref: IDEA-I-1461

This discussion has been closed.