Connect Quick Access and Details Window

Options
TwisterMc
TwisterMc
Community Member

Just got 1Password 8 (Mac) last week and it's pretty nice. One annoying thing though is when I search with the Quick Access window, and I click an entry to view details, the details window shows up someplace different. When I have multiple screens, that detail window typically ends up on a different screen than where the quick access window was. Is there a way to keep the detail window connected to the quick access window or at least show up close to where the quick access window was?

Of note, I'm not talking about browser extensions, just clicking on the menu bar icon which I have set to show the quick access window.

1Password Version: 8.7.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.4
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @TwisterMc,

Glad to hear you updated and you're enjoying 1Password 8! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience, I tried what you described and definitely see how it could be useful if the details window attached to Quick Access somehow. Though there isn't an option to do this currently, I've shared your feedback with our team. We're always looking for ways to iterate and improve and feedback like yours helps us do that, so I appreciate it. 🙂

In the meantime, I did learn that the details window (as well as the primary 1Password window) will appear in the same location they were last used until the device is shut off or restarted. I recognize it's not exactly what you were looking for, but if you can find a spot on your monitors where the details window will be more accessible, you can drag it there.

Thanks again for your feedback and let me know if you have any questions.

ref: IDEA-I-1448

• TwisterMc
    TwisterMc
    Community Member
    Options

What if they appeared on the same screen as the mouse. I think that'd be a good solution as well.

• I think that's a great idea, @TwisterMc.

I'll add these notes to our internal tracker for new features. If you'd like keep an eye on our latest and greatest, I'd recommend checking out our 1Password for Mac Beta Releases

There's also a designated part of this community for the the beta releases: Desktop betas (Mac, Windows, and Linux) — 1Password Support Community

Thanks again for your feedback! 🙂

This discussion has been closed.