Shortcut or easier way to unlock 2nd or 3rd account

Options
mase
mase
Community Member

I have 1P 8 for Mac -- lots of great improvements here. But there is one thing that is cumbersome that I wanted to throw out there.

I have 3 accounts linked to my 1P app. One for family, one for side business, one for current business.

Once I unlock one Account and use the shortcut to open it, I can only see / search for items in that one account. If I wish to unlock a second account, I have to open the 1P app, click on the "All Accounts" drop down, select the one I want and then unlock each one.

What would be fantastic is to have the option to unlock those add'l accounts inside the 1P 8 shortcut "spotlight" type toggle. So I hit my shortcut, and it opens with a search bar, and then clicking the 1P icon currently only shows the 1 unlocked account, but if I could click on the other locked accounts to unlock those it would save me some time. I need to do this many times each day so it adds up.

Is there another way? I have an external keyboard so Touch ID is not available, tho I wish it was! Then I could unlock ALL 3 at once.

Open to other tips?

1Password Version: 8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @mase,

Welcome to the 1Password Support Community and thanks for your kind words about 1Password 8 for Mac, I'm glad you're enjoying it so far! 🙂

I absolutely see how unlocking each account could become time consuming, and I'm happy to share that you can unlock all your 1Password accounts on your device by using the same account passwords for them: How to use multiple accounts

If you do update any account passwords, remember to also update their respective Emergency Kits!

Let me know how this goes for you or if you have any questions.

This discussion has been closed.