Unable to login to browser but I can on my phone app

Options

My wife recently got a 1password account. She first logged in with her key and set a simple password for the account. She did all of this on her cell phone on the app.

Prior to ever signing in on the browser or chrome extension, she decided to change master password on app on her phone to make it something more difficult. After changing that password, she then went onto the browser to log in for the first time. The browser says password incorrect and is not recognizing the key because she'd never logged on the browser prior to changing the password. She then tried the original password and still says it is incorrect and is unable to login to the browser / chrome extensions / desktop app.

So she is stuck. She can log in on her cell phone app but nothing else. If she goes into her account on the app and changes the account password, the app freezes and never loads the page to actually change the password.

Does anyone have any recommendations on how to resolve this? Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @gaetanmf:

If your wife is able to unlock 1Password on her phone, she can go to Settings > Accounts, and then tap her account. She can then get her current Secret Key and try to sign in to my.1Password.com. Let me know how she gets on with that!

Jack

• gaetanmf
    gaetanmf
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @Jack.P_1P - she is able to sign into her phone but not her browser. The problem is whenever she tries to reset her password within the app, she just gets a continuous buffering / loading screen and wont actually let her do it.

PLEASE help. We truly do not know what to do and have tried everything. Again, she has never been able to login through her browser. Her mistake was changing the password twice before ever signing into the browser. Any other suggestions?

This discussion has been closed.