Selecting vaults to search 1Password8 Windows

Options
MajorHavoc
MajorHavoc
Community Member
edited July 2022 in Lounge

Hi. I just updated to 1Password8 on my Windows 10 Pro machine, and I have a question I have not been able to find the answer to. When I look at the settings for my Browser plugin (Brave), under "Integrations", I can put a check mark next to just the vaults I want to search. This is perfect, as I have a vault I do not want to search all the time.

But when I open the app (1Password for Windows 8.8.0), I cannot find this setting anywhere. In fact, it is not even obvious as to which vault(s) it is searching. It appears I search all vaults always? Is there a way to exclude a vault from search, or just pick the vaults I want to search in the app like I can do in the browser plugin?

Thanks

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: 2.3.7
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro (21H2)(OS Build 19044.1826)
Browser:_ Brave

Comments

• Hi @MajorHavoc:

Great question! You can configure a collection, and then use that collection to limit which vaults you use and search on a daily basis. For example, I have a Daily Driver collection containing my Personal vault from my individual account, as well as a subset of my work account's vaults.

Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

• MajorHavoc
    MajorHavoc
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Jack. That is exactly what I was looking for. Not sure why you need two different interfaces to do this, but I can see where collections are very useful for different mixtures of vaults, so I get it. I have created the necessary collections and it works fine. Hopefully parity will happen in the web plugins at some point. Cheers.

This discussion has been closed.