[Question] Are there any plans to add In-App browser

BKrnk
BKrnk
Community Member

Hello,

I have a question. Currently, I find the function of an Apple browser in the normal 1Password app very nice and useful. Because here you have the possibility to simulate other browsers on the website. Is there a plan to add this function in the future?

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited July 2022

@BKrnk

There is an App Store rule that apps with web browsers must be rated 17+ in the App Store. Unfortunately, with 1Password 7, many families could not use 1Password with all of their family members. For this reason, we made the difficult decision to not put a browser in 1Password 8.

https://1password.community/discussion/comment/636825/#Comment_636825

• BKrnk
    BKrnk
    Community Member

@ag_tommy thank you for the reply. Sad to hear. I mean I like your mindest but the In-App browser was a really handy feature in some situation.

• Hey @BKrnk

To add one point of clarification:

Because here you have the possibility to simulate other browsers on the website.

This isn't what 1Browser was doing when changing the user agent setting. All it was doing is lying to the sites you visit about which browser it was. Instead of saying "Hey, I'm Safari on iOS" it would say "Hey, I'm Firefox on macOS" (or whatever you'd selected). It wasn't doing any emulation. The only rendering engine available on iOS is Safari's (WebKit).

Apple’s App Store policies state: "Apps that browse the web must use the iOS WebKit framework and WebKit Javascript."

Ben

This discussion has been closed.