UI refresh

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: New version of windows application.

Comments

• HypnoToast
    HypnoToast
    Community Member
    Options

This UI rework is absolutely terrible.

It did not even last 15 minutes in my computer as it basically destroyed my entire work flow and process.

This is horribly clunky, I do not want or need to open the entire app each time I click on the icon, the mini app was fine.
    This mini "spotlight" style search is awful and pointless if I am forced to open the main window to copy the needed credentials anyways.

As redelstein described from both the window AND from the system tray icon, that functionality being removed has removed 1Passwords usability.
    I NEED to be able to choose individual passwords/logins from an entry with multiple credentials in it.
    I NEED to be able to copy a single username, password, OTP, url, or note from an entry that I have multiple items under.
    I NEED to be able to search for an item, right click on it and choose from one of the various items that are available and either copy or autofill that item.

I administrate multiple domains, projects, accounts, I have dozens of entries with multiple logins and MFA in them, so many things that have been made a huge hassle to gain access to.
    This UI change and loss of features makes v8 little more than a glorified encrypted text document as far as function and usability goes.

If these functions do not return to v8 I no longer will need 1Password as a service and will be ending my family plan the moment v7 is no longer receiving security updates or no longer works on a PC.
    I can no longer in good conscious recommend 1Password as a viable product to clients, friends, or family.

Gods this is awful.

• @HypnoToast

I split your post into a new topic to ensure we address your questions. Having done that, it might be easier for us to do this via email. That way, we have a direct line of communication going, and we can talk back and forth as needed. That conversation would come straight to your inbox, and we can answer any questions you might have. Perhaps we can offer suggestions to help your workflow while using 1Password 8. An email discussion will also facilitate bringing in other team members from the various areas if needed.

I would encourage you to email us using support+forum@1password.com, and we can get that conversation going. That said, it sounds like you may have decided to stick with 1Password 7. That is certainly an option you have. We'll be here ready to help if you like. Thanks for being a part of the family.

This discussion has been closed.