Will 1Password 7 eventually be retired? I tried 1Password 8 yesterday and immediately uninstalled.

Options

We are a I.T. service provider and we keep all of our customers' sensitive information in 1Password. Each customer has at least one vault. With 1Password 7 I can easily search for the vault I need using the Filter vaults search box and then search within the selected vault to find what I what. Click-type-click-type or Click-type-enter-type. This was like magic for me.

To my surprise and horror there is no easy way to do that with in Password 8. No way to search the list of vaults. I either have to click on VAULTS to expand it and type as many characters as needed until the vault I need is selected or I have to scroll through to find the vault, and then select it and the press Ctrl+F to search within the vault. I felt like a deer in the headlights. I could not get use to it.

Please tell me that 1Password 7 is not being retired or at least a more intuitive search functionality is in the works. I need to be able to find an item in under 3 seconds :)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @qubit:

1Password 7 will only receive critical security updates at this point, and we'd generally recommend using the latest version of 1Password. With that said, it's definitely possible to use the search bar to select a specific vault in 1Password 8. I created a new vault with the name "qubit" and then searching for it will show the account containing it, followed by the vault name:

After selecting a specific vault, I can use ⌘+F or Ctrl+F to search in just that vault. Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

• qubit
    qubit
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you. I did not notice the search results include vault items and vaults. It would be helpful to have a setting where I could choose vaults to always be on top of other search results.

I will be installing 1Password 8 again.

• Hi @qubit:

Glad to hear it! Feel free to get in touch if there's anything else we can help you with.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.