How do I downgrade back to v7?

Options
toxalot
toxalot
Community Member

I just upgraded to version 8 and I'm seriously regretting it. Please, how do I go back to 7?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• toxalot
    toxalot
    Community Member
    Options

I don't like change. I don't like how learning a new interface messes with my workflow and productivity. But... I decided to give v8 a chance. It would have been nice if you had warned me that it's basically in beta. In just the first few minutes, I found several deal breakers. I can't move fields. It doesn't work with the browser extension (I don't like the full browser version). I can't collapse tags. I can't send to window. I've also noticed a number of annoyances. And what's with the database icon?

• pjotr1977
    pjotr1977
    Community Member
    Options

Download older versions here: https://app-updates.agilebits.com/

• Hello @toxalot,

Thanks for your message and feedback. I'm sorry to hear of the troubles you've encountered with 1Password 8 and that this interrupted your workflow.

Of the features you mentioned, moving fields, collapsing tags and type in window, these are on our roadmap. I do not have an ETA to share, but I've included your thoughts in each of the feature requests we are tracking.

ref: IDEA-I-372
    ref: IDEA-I-362
    ref: dev/core/core#16551

Regard the use of the browser extension, can you please provide some additional details about what's not working for you?

If you'd prefer to revert, uninstall version 8 and 1Password 7 for Windows can then be downloaded from that link.

If you have any other troubles or further questions, please let us know. We'll be here to help!

• toxalot
    toxalot
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_mike_d ~ I wish I could find a direct link to the Firefox add-on I'm using. I don't see one on my add-on page. But it says version 4.7.5.90 last updated May 2020. It simply extends the desktop app. It allows me to open a mini version when right clicking on a form field. I like that it simply extends the desktop manager. But that extension didn't seem to work with version 8. Nothing happened when I clicked 1Password item in right-click menu. I don't like the full browser version that version 8 prompted me to install. It seems I had that option with 7 and quickly uninstalled it. I like the desktop version and don't like having two different full versions.

I really hope you haven't done away with the mini version. If so, that would be another deal breaker for me.

• Hello again @toxalot,

1Password in the browser is our newer extension and the way forward. It's the only extension that works with 1Password 8. I'm sorry if this is a deal breaker for you and for inconvenience this causes.

If you have or already or plan on reverting back to 1Password 7 for Windows and prefer to use the add-on you mentioned, the 1Password classic extension, it is available by following that link. Hope this helps.

• toxalot
    toxalot
    Community Member
    Options

I did already uninstall 8 and reinstall 7. I was scared when I was forced to "reset" even though I hadn't made any changes with 8. But I didn't run into any trouble, other than having to fix a couple of settings.

• toxalot
    toxalot
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_mike_d ~ Thank you for that link. I don't need to reinstall now because I never uninstalled it. But I was worried what would happen if I ever did need to refresh Firefox. I've saved the link with my 1Password login item in 1Password 7. Is there an end of life for version 7?

• @toxalot, glad you've got that link saved! 👍

1Password 7 for Windows has reached it's end of life in the respect that it will no longer be receiving new feature updates, but it'll still fully operational and we're still providing continual security updates for the foreseeable future.

1Password 8 is the future and as we see updates to some features and functionality you're looking for, I'm hoping to see you give it a try again in the future. You can stay up-to-date with improvements and feature updates here: 1Password Releases

Have a great day!

• bcrowson71
    bcrowson71
    Community Member
    Options

I had the same problem with 8 and went back to 7. Error messages each time I tried to install 8.

• Hi @bcrowson71, I'm sorry to hear you were receiving some error messages when trying to install 1Password 8. We'd be to take a look.

Can you send a copy of the logs from 1Password via email to support+windows@1Password.com so we can help to investigate? Please do not post these details in the forums.

The information these logs contain can help us narrow down the root cause of your issue. Here's how to do that:
    1. In the Windows search bar copy and paste the following and press enter: %LOCALAPPDATA%\1Password\logs\
    2. Select everything in this folder, and then right-click and choose Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder.
    3. Then, attach that zip file to your reply here.

If you could also include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox. Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.