Webpage keyboard scrolling issue in Safari

Options
fishbert
fishbert
Community Member
edited May 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

Ever since updating from 1P7 to 1P8 and installing the Safari extension, I've had this issue where using the up/down arrows to scroll a webpage (say Google News, Reddit, this forum, etc.) doesn't work properly. The down arrow may shoot you all the way to the bottom, the up arrow may shoot you all the way to the top, or they may do nothing at all. When it happens, every window and every tab have the issue. To fix it, you have to quit and restart Safari.

The issue doesn't happen right away, and I wish I had some specific steps that would cause it. But I can say that I never experienced this issue before installing 1P8 and the Safari extension, and in normal usage of the computer since 1P8 release day, it's happened multiple times each day – super annoying.

I'm hoping others have seen this as well and may know more about how to get it to misbehave in a troubleshooting-friendly reliable manner.

1Password Version: 8.7.0
Extension Version: 2.3.3
OS Version: macOS 12.3.1

Comments

• fishbert
    fishbert
    Community Member
    edited May 2022
    Options

Ah, there we go... it appears this issue occurs any time I use the auto-fill hotkey (⌘+).
    And it happens whether auto-filling a login or not.

For example:
    1. I open Google News website
    2. keyboard scroll to my heart's content
    3. hit the auto-fill hotkey
    4. 1P8 Quick Access pane appears
    5. I dismiss the Quick Access pane
    6. keyboard scrolling is borked in Safari until I quit & restart

• ry319
    ry319
    Community Member
    edited May 2022
    Options

I'm also having this issue on two computers (both MacBook Air, M1, macOS 12.3.1, 1Password 8.7.0). I've also confirmed the same steps let me reproduce the issue: if Safari scrolling is working correctly, and then I open the 1P8 Quick Access pane, Safari scrolling breaks immediately after.

• Hi @fishbert / @ry319:

I was able to replicate this on my end, so I've filed an issue to see if we can get this sorted out. Thanks for letting us know about this!

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#15151

• DancingTable
    DancingTable
    Community Member
    Options

I am also having this issue. Hoping for a fix soon. For now I turned off the keyboard shortcut for auto fill but that makes 1password significantly worse to use

• paul.m_1p
    paul.m_1p
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @DancingTable! Thanks for the further feedback.

Our team is actively working on implementing a fix for this issue. If you're keen to see it as early as possible, it may be worth getting on the Nightly or Beta channel for a sneak peek. Here is a guide on getting on those update channels -> Use 1Password beta releases - (for Nightly, you can select that from the 'Release channel' selector referenced in the guide).

I hope this helps! 🙂

• DancingTable
    DancingTable
    Community Member
    Options

Is the fix currently in the Beta channel? As soon as it is there, I will happily switch over to it, but not until it is there.

• nickv2002
    nickv2002
    Community Member
    edited May 2022
    Options

I can confirm this still happens with

1Password for Mac 8.8.0 (80800094), on BETA channel
    With 1Password for Safari version 2.3.3 from the Mac App Store

It also seems to prevent me from navigating forward and back using command left/right arrow keys.

• ag_tommy
    edited May 2022
    Options

@DancingTable

My apologies it looks like the team is still looking into this.

• jsorge
    jsorge
    Community Member
    Options

I'm also seeing this consistently and have chatted with support. The way I fix it is:
    1. Quit Safari
    2. Open the System Preferences to Security & Privacy
    3. Toggle 1Password in the Accessibility Privacy column
    4. Open Safari back up

What's crazy is that the problem resurfaces even if I auto-fill in one of the apps (my VPN for example which requires me to log in every day. It's so great that 1Password can now auto-fill it, but it's maddening that it also breaks Safari).

Hope this workaround is helpful in the meantime. I wish there were some way to automate it.

• DancingTable
    DancingTable
    Community Member
    Options

This honestly should be the #1 issue to fix, but it seems it isn't. If it isn't soon, I will have no choice but to jump ship to bitwarden or another competitor. I love 1password, but I cannot continue using broken software.

• Hi @DancingTable / @nickv2002 @ry319 / @fishbert:

I just wanted to follow up and let you all know that beta 8.8.0-104 contains the fix for this! If you'd like to give the beta releases a try, follow the steps here: Use 1Password beta releases

Jack

• nickv2002
    nickv2002
    Community Member
    Options

Beta 8.8.0-104 is working well for me and seems to have fixed the issue thanks

• Glad to hear it @nickv2002! Feel free to get in touch if there's anything else we can help you with.

Jack

• jerroldp
    jerroldp
    Community Member
    Options

Can confirm here too - Beta 8.8.0-80800143 is working again 🥳

• Glad to hear it @jerroldp! Feel free to get in touch if there's anything else we can help you with. 😀

Jack

• godbout
    godbout
    Community Member
    Options

i'm on 80800183, on BETA channel and it's still not working for me. even without log in, my shortcuts are broken when 1Password is launched.

• godbout
    godbout
    Community Member
    Options

can you say hi to Matt for me? thanks a ton. xx

This discussion has been closed.