When I use Firefox for Android, 102.2.1, it keeps prompting me to save address/search text?

adfhogan
adfhogan
Community Member

When I enter something into the search/address bar in Firefox 102.2.1 for Android on my phone, 1Password always asks me if I'd like to save, like if I'd just entered some new website credentials.

Every time I submit a search or URL in the address bar. So I have to select "No thanks" a lot.

Is this by design?

I prefer to use Firefox rather than Chrome in Android, as it allows me to run uBlock Origin adblocking.

1Password Version: 7.9.4.BETA-1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 9
Browser:_ Firefox 102.2.1
Referrer: forum-search:firefox android address prompt save

Comments

• Hello @adfhogan, thanks for your question! This is a bug introduced with changes in 1Password for Android 7.9.4.Beta-1. You can switch to the stable version, 7.9.3 to remove the persistent prompts in the search bar.

To switch to 7.9.3:
    1. Confirm you can sign in on 1Password.com or another 1Password app.
    2. Open Google Play Store on your device.
    3. Search for and select 1Password.
    4. Under You're a beta tester, tap Leave.
    5. Uninstall 1Password for Android.
    6. Re-install 1Password for Android and sign back in (it may take a few minutes to become available).

Thanks again!

• adfhogan
    adfhogan
    Community Member

Thanks, @ag_timothy .. If it's a known bug then I figure it'll be fixed soon enough .. I'll dismiss it for now :)

• Happy to help @adfhogan! I received confirmation we will be rolling back the change that caused this issue for the stable release of 7.9.4. At the moment, I don't have any specifics about when that update will be published so, if it's causing a lot of headaches, switching to 7.9.3 might be beneficial. Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.