.1PEX

Hi,

When will exporting to a .1PEX file be available? I'd love to be able to have a local backup copy of my data but a secure encrypted version. This would just allow me to store a copy in DropBox etc just to be on the safeside.

I assume this file is encrypted with our master password?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @rctneil

I'm still hopeful 1PEX will eventually be a thing, but we've had some other higher priorities come up. For now I'd recommend creating an encrypted disk image using Disk Utility and exporting a 1PIF into that disk image.

Ben

• rctneil
    rctneil
    Community Member

Ok, Good idea. What is a 1PIF file? How do I create one and what are the differences to 1PUX?

• That's my bad. 1PIF was the 1PUX equivalent in 1Password 7. 1PUX is what I meant. 😅

Ben

• rctneil
    rctneil
    Community Member

Ah! Cool. I did exactly your suggestion earlier today. Created a disk image secured with another password and put an encrypted backup copy of each vault in there. Good to know I have a backup of my data just incase.

Can I confirm that the 1PUX file is encrypted with my Master Password and that is what i'll need in order to restore from it?

Also, I assume that EVERYTHING in my vault is exported into the 1PUX files?

• Ben
    Ben
    edited July 2022

Can I confirm that the 1PUX file is encrypted with my Master Password and that is what i'll need in order to restore from it?

1PUX is not encrypted (1Password Unencrypted Export). This is the purpose of making the disk image — to encrypt the contents.

Also, I assume that EVERYTHING in my vault is exported into the 1PUX files?

1PUX is lossless. 👍️

Ben

• rctneil
    rctneil
    Community Member

I apologise for being an idiot when writing that part of my reply. I'll try to switch my brain back on. I knew it was not encrypted because it's in the name like you said.

Ignore me!

• ag_tommy
    edited July 2022

@rctneil

It's Friday and the five o'clock hour too (when you posted as seen from my time zone). So no need to apologize. Enjoy the weekend!

• We both had brain farts. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.