Autofill questions

Options

I'm using Brave as my browser, OS 12.5. I don't see autofill suggestions when I click in a field. It does work if I click on 1P in the browser bar and choose autofill.

Also, in 1password preferences, it says the shortcut for autofill is "command-\", but that brings up a small widget with a search bar in it:

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: macOS 12.5
Browser:_ Brave

Comments

• Hi @switters:

Just to confirm, are you using our newer 1Password in the browser extension, or the older classic extension? The version number you've provided is 1Password classic, and 1Password 8 only works with 1Password in the browser. Get started with 1Password in your browser

Let me know, and I can take a closer look!

Jack

• switters
    switters
    Community Member
    Options

I just checked and see that I have two versions of the 1P extension listed in Brave. Only one is active, and that version # is 2.3.7. I assume that is the latest version?

• Hi @switters:

Yes, that's correct. The one with a version of 4.7.5.90 is our older extension, that isn't compatible with 1Password 8. After disabling the classic extension, if you right click the 1Password icon in Brave's toolbar, then choose Settings, and ensure that these two settings are enabled:

Pressing ⌘+\ triggers Autofill. If there's only a single item that's relevant to the app or website you're on. If there's multiple matching items, or no items were found, Quick Access opens so you can type to filter. It looks like you may be running into a bug that was recently sorted out in our newer betas where Quick Access isn't able to immediately recognize Brave and the page you're on. You can get our beta releases here: Use 1Password beta releases

Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

• switters
    switters
    Community Member
    Options

Great, that's helpful! I'll let you know how it goes.

• switters
    switters
    Community Member
    Options

My experience has been mixed so far. Installing the beta seemed to work better on a few sites. But I was just making a purchase at noblecoffeeroasting.com with Brave, and the "command+\" shortcut didn't work at all. When I tried to invoke it, not only did autofill not work, I didn't even see the Quick Access menu. I was able to get autofill to work by clicking on the 1P extension icon, so it seems it's the keyboard shortcut that isn't working.

• ag_tommy
    edited July 2022
    Options

What happens if you use the Quick Access shortcut? Shift + Command + Space

This discussion has been closed.