Unable to search specific vaults

Options
jhumphrey
jhumphrey
Community Member

I recently upgraded to version 8 of 1Password and I am not impressed. It seems the ability to search within specific vaults is no longer available. Is there a setting I am missing?

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Unable to search specific vaults

Comments

• GreyM1P
    Options

Hi @jhumphrey – you can search individual vaults by choosing them in the sidebar, then pressing Ctrl+F to limit the search only to that vault, or you can enter =vault:[name of vault] into Search to do the same thing. There's more information about these search operators here: Search 1Password to find what you need.

I look forward to hearing how you get on.

– Grey

• jhumphrey
    jhumphrey
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for the shortcut command. It would be nice to have the option to have the search bar automatically change its search location when a different vault is selected. I have since downgraded to 7.9 simply due to the more useful search.

• Hey @jhumphrey, thanks for the additional feedback. I'll pass this along to our product team to see if this is something we can improve in the future.

Ali

ref: IDEA-I-1231

• rob1p
    rob1p
    Community Member
    Options

Yeah, same comment here.

We have many vaults and it used to be very convenient to search for a specific vault. Obviously you can scroll the list, but I preferred it the way it was before.

• rob1p
    rob1p
    Community Member
    Options

Just decided to roll back as well, sorry, im sure 8 is better in some ways!

• leesweet
    leesweet
    Community Member
    Options

We only have the Personal and Shared (Family setup) vault, but the Demo vault is there also. We need a way to normally search and have all Wendy's stuff not show up (but perhaps have it around for demo purposes). Any way to exclude Demo short of deleting it?

• Hi @rob1p, thanks for your additional feedback here. I've included your thoughts in the request we're tracking.

ref: IDEA-I-1231

• Hello @leesweet,

Thanks for your question. Deleting the demo vault would be the best way to handle this, but if you'd like to keep it around for demo purposes, you might want to look into Collections. This is a feature new to 1Password 8 and allows you to create custom groups of vaults to include your personal and shared vaults but exclude the demo vault. Selecting the newly created collection will only display items from the vaults you've added. Give it a try and let us know what you think:

Use collections to create custom groups of vaults

• leesweet
    leesweet
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the collections idea, I'll take a look at that.

• Hey @leesweet, on behalf of Mike, you're most welcome! Let us know how you get on with collections or if you have any further questions.

Ali

This discussion has been closed.