1password with rope logo: What is this??

cswolfgould2l123
cswolfgould2l123
Community Member
edited July 2022 in Mac

My 1 Password is working. I have a second 1 Password icon with what looks like rope on either side that keeps popping up and bouncing up and down asking me to click on it saying "This application has passed its expiration date. Please get the newer version.”

Why is this popping up? What is the 1Password with rope logo about?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:My 1 Password is working. I have a second 1 Password icon with what looks like rope on either side that keeps popping up and bouncing up and down asking me to click on it saying "This application has passed its expiration date. Please get the newer version.” Why is this popping up? What is the 1Password with rope logo about?

Comments

• Hi @cswolfgould2l123:

The "rope" you're referring to is likely our caution tape icon for our beta and nightly releases. These releases expire after 90 days or so. Are you currently using 1Password 7, or 1Password 8? We don't recommend having both 1Password 7 and 1Password 8 installed at the same time, as it can cause problems with 1Password in your browser.

Jack

• cswolfgould2l123
    cswolfgould2l123
    Community Member

Thanks! I am using version 7. I deleted the one with the "rope". I think I'm all set. I appreciate your help.

• On behalf of Jack, you're welcome.

This discussion has been closed.