QR code detection

Options
ag_tommy
edited July 2022 in Mac
This discussion was created from comments split from: QR code detection failed - 1Password for Mac.

I split your conversation into a new one so the original poster did not get a lot of emails from our activity.

Comments

• egrep
    egrep
    Community Member
    Options

Scanning QR code does not work.

• 1Password for Mac 8.8.0 (80800203, on PRODUCTION channel)
    • macOS 12.5 (21G72)

• ag_tommy
    edited July 2022
    Options

@egrep

Did you grant 1Password access to Screen Recording? Did you quit and reopen the app at least once after doing so to grant it the correct permissions? I am wondering if the message was spurious? The dots would seem to indicate that something was scanned? Unless this screenshot is for demo purposes. Did the code appear on the same monitor? I appreciate any context you can give.

• egrep
    egrep
    Community Member
    edited July 2022
    Options

@ag_tommy

Yes, of course, grant 1Password access to Screen Recording. After granting privileges, I restarted 1Password.

I have uploaded a video of the creation of a new login to this comment: - removed for your privacy -
    As you can see in the video, the problem appears even for new entries.

• egrep
    egrep
    Community Member
    edited July 2022
    Options

@ag_tommy

Here is the log obtained using macOS Console when pressing Scans QR code: - removed for your privacy -

• @egrep

This medium is not private, it is an open public forum. Please send us an email using support+forum@1password.com and we would be happy to investigate. Links to files are not something we can make use of. Please include it in the body of your email.

I have removed the video as it. included some personal information as the link to the log for your privacy. Feel free to include the details in your email.

• @egrep

I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report that will give us more insight into your setup and a chance to review any logs.

1. Open 1Password.
    2. Click 1Password in the menu bar.
    3. Click Preferences.
    4. Click Advanced in the new window that appears.
    5. Click Send Diagnostics.
    6. Click Reveal.
    7. Attach the .1pdiagnostics file saved in that folder to your reply.

The diagnostic report doesn't include any private information like your logins, Password, or Secret Key. About 1Password diagnostics information

• egrep
    egrep
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy Done. I sent the diagnostic data. Thank you for your help.

• @egrep

Thanks. It's here. Someone will be with you as soon as possible.

ref: JWM-55296-479

• egrep
    egrep
    Community Member
    Options

After a short mailing with the technical support service in [#JWM-55296-479] I understand how it works. It seems 1Password scanning my entire screen and looking for a QR code on the visible part of the screen. It was a bit non-obvious. I was misled by the fact that the scan-window does not appear in version 8. Also it is important to make sure there is clear space around the QR code on the screen and that it's not hidden by any windows.

Everything is works as expected.

Thank you!

• Dave_1P
    Options

@egrep

I'm happy to hear that my colleague was able to help over email and that everything is now working as it should be. 🙂

This discussion has been closed.