1password Chrome extension blocked google autofill - extension uninstalled!

Haarup
Haarup
Community Member
edited September 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

I use 1password together with google passwords - and it worked fine. Until now. Now the 'use 1password'-icon blocked the creditcard data from google when filling out the form. I uninstalled the 1password chrome extension and it was back to normal.

If that is the way forward - then I'm out.

1Password Version: 8.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Browser:_ Chrome 103

Comments

• Hi @Haarup:

To avoid confusion, we generally recommend not using 1Password alongside your browser's password manager, or another password manager which would include filling and saving credit cards and addresses directly to Chrome. With that said, if you'd like to use them both at the same time, you can disable 1Password as the default password manager.

After reinstalling 1Password in Chrome, right click the 1Password icon in Chrome's toolbar, and choose Settings. Disable "Make 1Password the default password manager". After doing that, you should be able to use Chrome to save your credit cards and fill. You may additionally want to disable the option "Show autofill menu on field focus" in settings for 1Password as well. Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

• fdavis99
    fdavis99
    Community Member

I want both, as it used to work. But when I enable 1Password in Chrome then it blocks Chrome asking to save passwords.

1Password is my system of record, and I use it when in other browsers or other situations. But I trust Chrome for many sites, and it's easier, since I don't have to enter my master password.

Please enable BOTH! Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.