1Password 8 - shortcut changed but stuck

Options
enroth
enroth
Community Member
edited July 2022 in Windows

Hi folks, I recently upgraded to 1Pasword 8. Looks great!

I changed the quick access shortcut back to (Ctrl + Alt + backslash). This new shortcut correctly triggers the quick access view, HOWEVER the default value for the shortcut (Ctrl + Shift + Space) is ALSO still triggering the shortcut.

This is a problem, because I use that shortcut for other things. Please fix the bug so 1Password 8 "lets go" of the default shortcut once the shortcut is changed.

Thanks!

1Password Version: 8.8.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 21H2
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @enroth,

Thanks for your kind note about the 1Password 8 upgrade! I'm sorry to hear of the troubles you've been encountering with the change to the Quick Access keyboard shortcut.

I've attempted to replicate this behaviour but I am not currently seeing any issues as described. I'd suggest going to Settings (Ctrl + Comma) > General and clearing the Quick Access shortcut by clicking the x and reentering the your selected shortcut (Ctrl + Alt + \), then completely closing 1Password 8 by right-clicking the the 1Password icon in the system notification tray > Quit. After re-launching the app does the issue persist with both (Ctrl + Alt + \) and (Ctrl + Shift + Space) continuing to open Quick Access?

• enroth
    enroth
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Mike, that did solve the problem. It seems like it isn't properly de-registering the shortcut without quitting and restarting the app.

• Hey @enroth, I'm glad to hear Mike's suggestion solved the issue 😄

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

Ali

This discussion has been closed.