1 Password 8 question

TDK1044
TDK1044
Community Member

I downloaded 1 Password 8 this morning. I like it. I have one question, though. By default, 1 Password now offers Windows Hello to open 1 Password. In my case, that means entering my Windows PIN. I don't like that feature. I can see that it's easy to X out of it and use my password, but is there a way to disable Windows Hello so that I'm just presented with my password field?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @TDK1044:

If you'd rather not use Windows Hello to unlock 1Password, open and unlock 1Password, then choose ⋮ > Settings. Choose the Security section, then disable "Unlock using Windows Hello". Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

• TDK1044
    TDK1044
    Community Member

Thanks for the info. I'll try it when I get home.

• Sounds good @TDK1044 We'll be here if you need us.

• TDK1044
    TDK1044
    Community Member

Thanks. If I hadn't been in such a rush this morning, I would have poked around with this, but I figured someone here would know.

• @TDK1044

Did you find a resolution?

• TDK1044
    TDK1044
    Community Member

Yes, Sir. I did as Jack suggested. It worked perfectly. Thanks 😊

• Glad to hear it @TDK1044! You're very welcome. 😀

Jack

• BoomerBob
    BoomerBob
    Community Member

I've been using 1Password for over a year and really like it. I'm sorry to be so stupid but I would like to disable Windows Hello for 1Password. For the life of me I cannot find the "Settings" button. I logon to 1Password.com and I can see all my info but not the "Settings". I'd appreciate any help. Thanks

• Hi @BoomerBob:

To configure Windows Hello settings, open and unlock 1Password for Windows, not 1Password.com. Choose ⋮ > Settings, Choose the Security section, then disable "Unlock using Windows Hello". Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

• BoomerBob
    BoomerBob
    Community Member

WORKED !! You are a genius ... or maybe I'm just a dummy. Either way, I appreciate your help.

• On behalf of Jack, you're welcome.

If you have any other questions feel free to send them over.

This discussion has been closed.