QR code scanning troubles

Comments

• rfdb
    rfdb
    Community Member

I had this same problem, and it wasn't a false alarm. As described the desktop app paused briefly before reporting "qr code detection failed" and the web extension as used in Jack's screenshot reported "no qr code found for 2fa" (1Password for Mac 8.8.0, Chrome 103.0.5060.134, extension 2.3.7). 1pass had permission for screen recording.

I was able to use my phone, and add the field there with the camera pointed at the very same desktop screen.

• @rfdb

I split your conversation as the previous topic was several months old. What was the site you were scanning? Is it something you can share? If I can create an account I would be happy to give it a try.

• rfdb
    rfdb
    Community Member
    edited July 2022

It was switching my home and work outlook accounts to use 2fa at myaccount.microsoft.com. So yes, you probably could try it yourself by signing up for a free microsoft account, but maybe it takes an office365 account

• @rfdb

I am on the latest nightly and do not experience trouble with scanning a code here. Did the screen appear dimmed? I noticed we had a bug report where scanning may fail on some greyed backgrounds but again I did not have trouble enabling the feature on my account. Can you try restarting 1Password and or the device?

• rfdb
    rfdb
    Community Member

Ah, that gives me the important clue. This is a macbook pro (15"2018) with an additional external monitor. It fails to find the QR on the external monitor, and the easy workaround is to drag the window onto the laptop screen.

So, that's where your engineers can look for bugs. Mix of multiple displays, resolutions, and DPIs. Laptop screen is default retina resolution, arranged to the left. Monitor is arranged to the right and at a different resolution (its default, happens to be widescreen, 2560x1080). Dock/menubar moved to external monitor.

This discussion has been closed.