Safari Extension de-installs more often since update to 12.5, when will the cause be fixed?

Options
bwadm
bwadm
Community Member
edited August 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

The instability of the Safari extension is known, and there is even a fix implemented in 1P8 (also production version):
Help => Troubleshooting => Fix Missing Safari Extension
While this is a work around that does help, it is really disappointing that one has to use it that often.
Before the update to Monterey 12.5, I had to use the fix maybe twice a month, now it is almost every day. The loss happens on all my machines (MBP16, iMac24, MBP15-Intel), again and again.

Just an additional note: this did never happen with 1P7 ... there is a LONG (!!) way to go until 1P8 reaches the quality of the former versions (note the plural)! If I would not be a 1P user since the beginning, I would NOT use 1P8 but start with alternative solutions.

1Password Version: 80900001 BETA
Extension Version: 2.3.7
OS Version: 12.5
Browser:_ Safari

Comments

• Hi @bwadm:

This appears to be an issue with how web extensions are handled in macOS Monterey. It affects all web extensions in Safari, not just 1Password. We're hoping to see some improvements on this front with macOS Ventura, which will be available later this year. If you're interested in taking it for a spin, the public beta for macOS Ventura is available here: Apple Beta Software Program

Jack

• bwadm
    bwadm
    Community Member
    Options

Hhmmm ... have not recognised similar trouble with AdBlock (the only other Safari extension I use), but I will have an eye on that.

This discussion has been closed.