1P8 and the browser extension

Options
thewellington
thewellington
Community Member
edited July 2022 in Mac

Several times I have experienced a workflow like this: When setting up a new account, 1Password suggests a password. I accept it and hone 1P8 asks if I want to save this password, I pause and read the whole window. In the mean time, the site reloads the page, and I am now logged into the website, but the 1Password save dialog is gone. Also, there is no record of the password selected in my 1password vaults (I have tried sorting by creation date) so I don't know what the selected password is, and neither does 1Password. When next I go to the site I have to do the "forgot password" process and we go full circle again with 1Password not remembering the password.

WIth 1P7, this was never a problem. the save password dialog would stay until I dismissed it. I don't know who was consulted with this new 1P8 interface, [profanity removed by moderator; this is a family friendly forum], and y'all are not fixing it quick enough. You used to produce rock solid software. 1Password 8 is not rock solid.

1Password Version: 8.7.3
Extension Version: 2.3.7
OS Version: macOS 12.4
Browser:_ Safari 15.5

Comments

• Hi @thewellington,

Sorry to hear you're unable to save suggested passwords. Can I confirm that you're seeing this pop up after clicking the suggested password?

Manually reloading a page does close this window without saving the item since you'd have to click the Save button, but I can't find an instance where a page forcefully reloads upon entering a generated password. Can you tell me which websites you're experiencing this on so I can investigate further?

In the meantime, there is a password generator history available for you to view in the 1Password browser extension: If you used the password generator and can't find the password to sign in

Looking forward to your reply!

• Hi @thewellington:

When 1Password generates a password, it's saved in the Password Generator History even if the dialog is closed by the webpage itself refreshing. The history is available from the 1Password pop-up, clicking the ≡, then choosing Password Generator, then clicking Password Generator History:

Jack

• Hi @thewellington:

You can open the 1Password pop-up in Safari by clicking the 1Password icon in Safari's toolbar. From there you can access the hamburger menu I mentioned and the password generator history.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.