No Export option - Frozen Account

Options
Donaldjhu
Donaldjhu
Community Member

Trying to export all items
been trying for 20 minutes to find any of the options mentioned here https://support.1password.com/export/
but none of them exists

Really scratching my head...
My account is frozen if it matters

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• AliH1P
    edited August 2022
    Options

Hey @Donaldjhu, thanks for reaching out. I understand you'd like to export your items but can't find the listed options. Your account being frozen should not have any effect on this. It sounds like you may not have 1Password for Windows (desktop app) installed. The desktop app is required in order to export items from 1Password.

Here's a link to download 1Password 8 for Windows:

Once you've got that installed, you should be able to follow the steps listed in the guide here to export your items.

Let me know how that goes or if there's anything else we can help with!

Ali

• cbeitel44
    cbeitel44
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Donaldjhu,
    it depends on the version of your 1Password Client:

• If you are on 1Password v7, click on the "1Password" menu, then Export. Then choose the type of export: .1PIF (for an entire full export of your DB, and secured)
    • If you are on the v8, next to your name, click on the 3 points, then Export and select the new extension, more secured: 1PUX
    • If you want to export your DB to an another Password Tool, like DashLane, LastPass, etc., you need to export in .1PIF. They can import this type of file. If you export in CSV format, you will just have Usernames and Passwords, not the rest (ie.: icons, notes, etc.)

I found 1Password really good to use. But the v8 is not a really good production version. So, try to stay in v7 until an update and working of v8.

Have a nice day.

C.

This discussion has been closed.