MOVE FIELDS, TAG and SUBTAGS & FOLDER and SUBFOLDER!

Options
AntonNino
AntonNino
Community Member

Hi,

1Password Manager 8 is very good and maybe the BEST πŸ˜‰ = compliments πŸ‘πŸ‘Œ - but when, oh my god, will the simple functions that almost all other simple password managers already have long come?

1. Function:
    "MOVE FIELDS" and

2. Function:
    "TAG" and "SUBTAGS" and again "SUBTAGS" and

3. Function:
    "FOLDER" and "SUBFOLDER" and again "SUBFOLDER"?

The 1Password developers have developed very nice and complicated functions πŸ‘ŒπŸ’‘ and they don't manage to develop the above functions 1-3???

I'm new to 1Password since September 2021 and I'm waiting for these "simple", beautiful and PRACTICAL FEATURES with every new update πŸ‘ŒπŸ’‘!

God help us! πŸ™ƒπŸ˜ƒ

Whennnnnnnnnnnnn... 😁

Thank you for the answer I will receive!

1Password Version: 1Password for Windows 8.7.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @AntonNino, thanks for your message and kind words about 1Password 8. I'm happy to hear how much you are liking it!

With regard to your comment about the ability to move/rearrange fields, this is a highly sought after feature that we're working on re-implementing in 1Password 8. I do not have an ETA to share but have added your details to our feature request.

ref: IDEA-I-372

Regarding folders, they were replaced with Tags. That guide link explains more about organizing your data with (favorites and) tags.

1Password 8 is a newer app and we're continuing to work on re-implementing some tag functionality such as renaming and collapsing nested tags. I've again included your comments about tags for the Product team's review in the requests we're currently tracking, but I'm unable to share an ETA as to when this may be implemented.

ref: IDEA-I-713
    ref: IDEA-I-362

Your feedback is most appreciated! Please keep an eye out for these features like these in the 1Password 8 release notes.

If you have any other questions or concerns, just let us know. Thanks! πŸ˜€

• AntonNino
    AntonNino
    Community Member
    Options

I wait with patience πŸ™ƒ

Thank you for the fast answer! πŸ˜‰πŸ‘

• You're most welcome, @AntonNino! 😊

• Hello @AntonNino,

We appreciate your patience. I wanted to let you know that the ability to rename tags has been added to our latest Beta. Those release notes are can be found here.

If you'd like to give the Beta a try you can follow this guide to use 1Password beta releases.

Let us know if you run into any issues. Thanks!

• AntonNino
    AntonNino
    Community Member
    Options

Hi ag_mike_d,

Thanks for your information, well done...! πŸ˜‰πŸ‘

• ChameleonDevil
    ChameleonDevil
    Community Member
    Options

I updated from 1Password 6 on Windows to 1Pass v8, and was so sad to see re-ordering fields are not present, and now want to go back to v6.x

Where/How can I install 1Password 6 and use them together? 1Password 6 just to re-order fields would be fine, then 1Password 8 for normal 'login use'.

This option is what I really use alot; plenty of things are 3 login fields, but the 3rd field (custom field) will now end up below the website field.

Is there any update on when this may be implemented?

• Hello @ChameleonDevil,

Re-ordering fields is something in the works for 1Password 8, but we do not have an ETA on this feature. I understand you use this feature a lot and I have added +1 to the feature request we're tracking for you.

1Password 7 for Windows is the replacement for version 6 and includes the ability to re-order fields. Please save a copy of your Emergency Kit and record your account password on it as necessary: Get to know your Emergency Kit

Then, if you like to install an earlier version of 1Password for Windows, you can uninstall version 8 and download version 7 from this link:

https://app-updates.agilebits.com/

Thanks for your feedback!

ref: IDEA-I-372

• ChameleonDevil
    ChameleonDevil
    Community Member
    Options

Good day @ag_mike_d

Thank you for the reply, I am glad to hear re-ordering is in the works; that will make 1Password 8 so much better for me personally, it already looks great.

I will install 1Pass 7 for now!

Thank you for the advice!

• @ChameleonDevil, you're most welcome! πŸ˜€

This discussion has been closed.