cannot move a field within a section PW8

works in PW7 - double horizontal bar indicator does not appear, cannot find it in a menu/submenu

1Password Version: 8.50
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 12.1
Referrer: forum-search:move a field in a section

Comments

• Hi @lukechilone:

While 1Password 8 currently doesn't have the ability to rearrange sections, it is an open feature request currently. I've added your input here to our internal issue regarding it. Thanks for your input!

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#5958

• lukechilone
    lukechilone
    Community Member

Thank you Jack (and happy holiday season). It surprised me because it exists in PW7 (I guess that means you did not build on PW7).

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Happy Holiday season to you too @lukechilone!

(I guess that means you did not build on PW7).

That is correct, 1Password 8 was build from the ground up :+1:

• +1 from me. I would like to be able to rearrange sections as well as items within a section. An upgrade that removes current functionality doesn't feel like an upgrade to me.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Noted, thank you @Michael Shingledecker :+1:

• wagnerone
    wagnerone
    Community Member

I added my +1 to rearrange items in a section elsewhere, but something I've requested for years is the ability to rearrange Sections.

Have been waiting on that one forever. It'd make our lives so much easier with our current 1p workflows.

So, +1 on Section rearrangement.

Thanks!

• +1 has been filed @wagnerone. 👍 Thank you for the feedback!

• edwardloveall
    edwardloveall
    Community Member

I'd also like to be able to rearrange sections 🙂

• Thanks, @edwardloveall. This is a high priority item and I'm hoping it is going to be the next thing engineering is tasked with once they wrap up their current projects. 👍️

Ben

This discussion has been closed.