1Password 8 performance is poor to the point that it's not usable

anthonysapien
anthonysapien
Community Member
edited July 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

I was excited to install 1Password 8, but the performance is abysmal. Pressing command-slash can take ten seconds to open the modal. Then the modal doesn't seem to recognize that I'm using Chrome and on a sign in page. You have to fix this broken software version. I've been a long-time customer, and this is breaking my confidence in your product.

1Password Version: 8.7.3
Extension Version: Chrome 2.3.6
OS Version: 12.3.1 M1
Browser:_ Chrome
Referrer: forum-search:performance 1password 8

Comments

• @anthonysapien

You indicated you are using 12.3.1. I would recommend considering updating your OS. It may help your overall experience while also updating your protections. The latest version is 12.4.

 Apple Support - Keep your Mac up to date, - Security Updates

Then the modal doesn't seem to recognize that I'm using Chrome and on a sign in page.

Do you have multiple versions of 1Password in the browser installed? If so, the only one that should be enabled is 1Password in the browser 2.3.6 as of this writing. Extra copies could be causing headaches. Also, please check for any updates to Chrome. If you find you're still having issues we would be happy to take a deeper dive. Please email us using support+forum@1password.com and include a link to this topic.

https://1password.community/discussion/131329/1password-8-performance-is-poor-to-the-point-that-its-not-usable

• anthonysapien
    anthonysapien
    Community Member

Thanks, I updated my OS and double-checked that there's only one version of 1Password installed in my browser. Still seeing issues and will reach out to your support email.

• Sounds good.

If you happen back by and you recall the support id you had, adding it here would help connect the dots. If you are good and things are resolved, enjoy!

• nickp1
    nickp1
    Community Member

Curious if there was a generic solution to this as I've been experiencing similar issues - the quick access modal comes up blank after login and hangs. I've tried different browsers (Chrome and Brave) and am on the latest stable version of macOS and 1Password on a machine from 2020.

• @nickp1

As to it hanging, I don't recall that. There is an issue filed where you may need to close and open the modal two maybe three times, depending on the browser, to get a suggestion to appear. A proposed resolution is in our nightlies and possibly beta by this point.

• nickp1
    nickp1
    Community Member

Thanks @ag_tommy! I'll give the beta a shot and see if it clears up.

• apb123
    apb123
    Community Member
    edited August 2022

I am not a programmer but my experience is the browser extension is laggy and doesn't autofill.

I got to a login....press 1password in browser....I get a laggy spinny thing for ages.....

This discussion has been closed.