Simultaneous API calls update ?

Options
mickael
mickael
Community Member

Hi,

I encounter errors now in my project initialisation script during the creation of the different secrets:

error: [ERROR] 2022/08/03 10:59:48 unable to process line 1: Network: (DB: (409) (Conflict), Internal server conflict.), DB: (409) (Conflict), Internal server conflict.

This is a nodeJS scripts which call multiple op cli in an async way. So op cli calls are nearly simultaneous.

I had to force a pause of 1s between each request to get it working properly.

Not a big deal for my usage, but wanted to report that new trouble.

Fun fact, I reported troubles with simultaneous request 3 years ago, but never experienced issues during the creation of secrets, until recently.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Browser:_ Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @mickael, thanks for bringing this up! This looks like it is caused by some data inconsistency (which may or may not be the product of a data race OR caching). As a matter of fact, we recently improved and currently addressing CLI caching keeping races in mind. I have 2 follow up inquiries:
    1. What version are you using? Are you on the latest version? Could you upgrade to that and see if the issue persists?
    2. Not so much solving your problem, but could you make sure that your cache is disabled for these calls that are failing by using --cache=false, and see if the issue persists? This might make things bit faster as your 1s pauses between can be removed but not much faster since caching will not be leveraged anymore and all fetches will have to go to the server.

Do keep up to date as we plan to remediate most of these simultaneous request issues in future CLI releases.

All the best,
    Andi

• mickael
    mickael
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @AndiT1P ,

I use 2.6.0 version of op cli.

Note that my problematic requests are creation requests not get requests. I am not sure if caching is involved in such requests.
    I use a python wrapper which is responsible for calling op cli, this is not straightforward to test the no cache option. I will try to give it a shot when I upgrade my wrapper.

• Thank you, do let us know how this works out.

This discussion has been closed.